Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ROMEOM17- Enclosed RDS specifically for M17s/M18s?

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Are you guys considering a handgun change as well? Thought you were pretty solidly a Glock agency (I know you were Legacy Sig in the past starting with the P228).
    Glocks, but ours are not MOS or cut for a specific mounting pattern at all. So, we'd need to either have our gunsmiths mill the slides or buy new slides, which means any pattern is possible.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m guessing this mounts bottom up - maybe the first enclosed emitted sight to do this?
    Sort of look like it from the pics. Is there an undercut on the front of the M17 pocket. Not quite sure how good an idea it is to have a screw you can't easily check that if it comes loose will potentially impact the function of the gun. However, with the advent of loctite maybe that really isn't as huge a worry as it once was.

I suspect the screws go in from the bottom, the same way the cover plate comes off. That will likely have the side benefit of at least somewhat limiting user manipulation of the screws, which from the military's perspective is probably a good thing. It's an interesting optic, but I'm guessing it will not be cheap (given what they get for a Romeo 2).

User Tag List