Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROMEOM17- Enclosed RDS specifically for M17s/M18s?

ROMEOM17- Enclosed RDS specifically for M17s/M18s?

Looked around and couldn't find a thread about this made yet. No idea when it's coming but it looks like Sig has developed an enclosed RDS specifically for that goofy footprint on the M17s and M18s. I'm going to guess it should work with anything using a DPP footprint too?

https://soldiersystems.net/2022/10/2...-sig-romeom17/

Name:  Romeo M17 2.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  22.2 KBName:  ROMEOM17 1.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  30.4 KBName:  RomeoM17 3.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  62.1 KB

I was going to purchase an ACRO but this honestly gives me some pause. I'd much rather have a direct mounted dot if I can get one enclosed. I do wonder how well a dot that's marketed for a specific gun will fare commercially, but I think it's clear this thing was made with .gov package deals in mind.

That, at least, doesn't look like it would hang up on everything with which it could possibly come into contact.

This is interesting.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    That, at least, doesn't look like it would hang up on everything with which it could possibly come into contact.
    What optic out there is hanging up on everything?

doesn't look like ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    What optic out there is hanging up on everything?
    Unknown if people are having issues with their acro's. I have very little experience with one I shot indoors and not out of a holster. So, no moisture, no hang ups, along with no compulsion to investigate further. "Yup, there's a dot inside of that block."

The people who like them seem to really really really like them ... like pilots and cross-fitters and mathematicians and electrical engineers, they'll tell ya. But, I have little to no interest in hanging something that looks like a big lego on top of my already blocky glocky. Waiting for something better from a profile perspective. Maybe this is it, maybe it isn't. But, the above looks like it could be a step in the right direction, with something other than 90 degree angles to potentially bang on things.

I’m guessing this mounts bottom up - maybe the first enclosed emitted sight to do this?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I imagine this is going to push back my agency selection of an RDS, which from my perspective would be the right choice.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I imagine this is going to push back my agency selection of an RDS, which from my perspective would be the right choice.
    Are you guys considering a handgun change as well? Thought you were pretty solidly a Glock agency (I know you were Legacy Sig in the past starting with the P228).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m guessing this mounts bottom up - maybe the first enclosed emitted sight to do this?
    They could use the hole in the rail where the rear sight attaches. Similar to the EPS.

Unknown if people are having issues with their acro's. I have very little experience with one I shot indoors and not out of a holster. So, no moisture, no hang ups, along with no compulsion to investigate further. "Yup, there's a dot inside of that block." .
    I read what you wrote. I just wanted to find out if there was an actual problem I had not encountered in training and use.

Thanks for the response.

User Tag List