Thread: Sig 1911 Tacops duty holster

Sig 1911 Tacops duty holster

Hi all! New to the forum so please forgive me if I am asking a repeated question.

I am running a Sig Sauer 1911 Tac Ops with the TLR-1HL for a duty weapon at work (stock iron sights with no additions or modifications to the gun other than the light). I currently have the Safariland 6280 series holster and just don't really care for it. I was using the Blackhawk T-series with a Glock before I got my 1911 and fell in love with the holster, but Blackhawk does not (and is not planning to) make a T-series for a 1911. I have looked all over the place for a duty style holster for my gun/light combo but can't seem to find anything other than the Safariland.

There are thousands of options for concealment holsters but nothing I can find for duty. I would prefer to stick to a tried and true manufacturer but I am willing to give a lesser known manufacturer a try if you all have experience with it and recommend it. Ideally I would like to find a low ride level 2 with the option of spacing the holster away from my body (I have a 28" waist and the gun tends to hang up on my external carry vest on draw sometimes). I have no problem going to a different light, different ride height or different retention level if need be, or making any accommodations needed to find a holster that will work, other than going to a different gun!

Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated.

I don’t know of anyone else doing one that I’d trust other than Safariland, but as far as kicking it out a bit for vest clearance, I have my 6360 (M&P w/ TLR1 HL) and previously a 6280 (Beretta 92A1 w/ TLR1 HL) mounted to a Safariland drop flex adapter and QLS (to make it a straight drop) and have no issue with clearance for my external carrier.

I run my Drop flex adapter at either the highest or second highest level. Still lower than a regular UBL, but not too low and have no issues with it flopping around while running, unlike the old school drop leg holsters. I also mounted a TQ on the leg shroud in an 11-10 carrier.

I would think that it would fit any 1911 or 2011 holster with the same barrel length and light attached.

As far as spacing the holster, Safariland has these T-spacers available:

https://safariland.com/search?q=t%20spacers

Another tip....you can use a "concealment" Safariland holster mated to a Hi-Ride UBL, which gives you roughly the equivalent of a mid-ride positioning. You lose the "jacket slot", but using a couple of the T-spacers offsets it from your body.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I've used the drop kits and spacer kits before which does help but I am wanting to get away from the 6280 all together. I just heard that Staccato has a Blackhawk T series that will work with the Sigs and an X300 or X400. I've also heard if you file the retention slightly it will work with the TLRs. So I may try experimenting with that.

It's funny how different guns work with the 6280.

I have a 6280 for revolvers and it's wonderful. 1911s not so much. Berettas were ok

Just go with an ALS

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    It's funny how different guns work with the 6280.

I have a 6280 for revolvers and it's wonderful. 1911s not so much. Berettas were ok

Just go with an ALS
    Not just that model.
    The 6360 works great for me with Glocks and the Sig P250. Not so much with a 1911.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List