Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Keep on Rollin': HK P9S & CZ-52

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I mean… I won’t complain if we see more.

Didn’t Korth make some other semi-auto prior to the PRS?

I have faith Bac can deliver… 😁
    I am impressed with your knowledge of exotic pistols.

Yes, it was originally designed by Willi Korth, which was well before the current Korth owners (who designed the PRS) were in the picture. Korth's factory is now located in Lollar. Willi's original company was located in Ratzeburg. The Korth Autopistol was not a blowback. It used a falling block locked breech design, similar to that of a Walther P38 or Beretta 92, but aslo with some major differences.

I'm fortunate enough to own a couple of them and have had them for years. Honestly, I doubt I'd buy another today even if I could find them with the prices they command. That being said, they are exquisitely made handguns. Willi died before he completely perfected the design, but I love them the way they are.

Here is the Korriphila pistol in better detail...

I can tell you that absolutely no expense was spared in their production or materials used. Even the roll marks are perfectly executed.

Here is the Geiger GRP in detail. Quality is very similar to that of the Korriphila, but likely with better metallurgy being its 30+ years later.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    I am impressed with your knowledge of exotic pistols.

Yes, it was originally designed by Willi Korth, which was well before the current Korth owners (who designed the PRS) were in the picture. Korth's factory is now located in Lollar. Willi's original company was located in Ratzeburg. The Korth Autopistol was not a blowback. It used a falling block locked breech design, similar to that of a Walther P38 or Beretta 92, but aslo with some major differences.

I'm fortunate enough to own a couple of them and have had them for years. Honestly, I doubt I'd buy another today even if I could find them with the prices they command. That being said, they are exquisitely made handguns. Willi died before he completely perfected the design, but I love them the way they are.

Wow. Those are fantastic. Something a little more "old world" about the design/aesthetic... which I love.

When I was first getting into guns about 10-15 years ago, this shoddy website--modernfirearms.net--sorta provided the basis of my knowledge of pistols. It lists various guns and their countries of origin--I must have read through them all a million times. And, interestingly, it lists the original Korth auto pistols (not the PRS) which have always stuck with me as being especially neat. It also lists the Korriphila.

My "dream gun" was always a Walther P88. Finally grabbed one this year. Not exactly Korth-level... but I love it.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 2.49.29 AM.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  101.1 KB

Not surprisingly a P7 has always been on my list. But... the P9S is almost as cool.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Wow. Those are fantastic. Something a little more "old world" about the design/aesthetic... which I love.

When I was first getting into guns about 10-15 years ago, this shoddy website--modernfirearms.net--sorta provided the basis of my knowledge of pistols. It lists various guns and their countries of origin--I must have read through them all a million times. And, interestingly, it lists the original Korth auto pistols (not the PRS) which have always stuck with me as being especially neat. It also lists the Korriphila.

My "dream gun" was always a Walther P88. Finally grabbed one this year. Not exactly Korth-level... but I love it.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 2.49.29 AM.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  101.1 KB

Not surprisingly a P7 has always been on my list. But... the P9S is almost as cool.
    Yes, I remember the website. The PRS was not around at the time.

As for the P88, congrats on a nice Compact. The Compact is a little different than the full size. Its not just smaller, but also thinner and the controls are a bit different. Also, not sure if you're aware or not, but Walther did offer a couple SAO sporting pistols based on the P88 back in the day, albeit they are rare.

Here are the P88 Competition and P88 Champion on the outside with a P88 and P88 Compact in the center. The nickel triggers on the sporting models are single action only.

I have always wondered what the market was for the Competition and Champion, also SIG Sauer Sports.
    They don't seem to fit anything in IPSC or ISU.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I have always wondered what the market was for the Competition and Champion, also SIG Sauer Sports.
    They don't seem to fit anything in IPSC or ISU.
    I don't think they fit in anywhere, Jim. They just look cool and shoot well.

User Tag List