Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Rollin': HK P9S & CZ-52

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    For sure. I’ll get them posted tomorrow.

Congrats on your additions.
    Thank you, sir!

Looking forward to seeing your fine specimens.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    There are a couple more roller action pistols, but expensive showpiece types, I think the Korriphila is one.

There are aftermarket hardened rollers for the CZ, that might tighten it up.
    Yes Jim, all the other pistols of either design, whether it be the delayed blowback or locked breech, are high end and expensive. The only one that uses the CZ design is the Delta Top Gun.

One just sold last yesterday. Uses the same design as the CZ, albeit with the quality and rarity meter set to extreme.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/956470146

The Korriphila and Geiger are roller delayed blowbacks, like the P9S.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/953805630

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/957796878

The Korth PRS is another roller delayed blowback. They bring big money as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=02ZdYUPtp7g
    Last edited by bac1023; 11-28-2022 at 09:25 AM.

Sorry for the delay in getting a picture posted.

Here are four German roller delayed blowbacks and a Delta Top Gun from Italy (which is a roller locked breech like the CZ) in the middle.

From left to right: Korriphila HSP701, Geiger GRP, Delta Top Gun, Korth PRS, HK P9S Sport (sorry I no longer own a standard P9S or CZ 52).

Also, the easiest way to tell a blowback from a locked breech is simply pulling the slide backwards. If the slide and barrel separate immediately, you have a blowback. If they "stick" together for a millimeter or two before separating, you have a locked breech. Your HK will separate immediately. Your CZ will lock together briefly.

Its really that simple.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by bac1023; 11-29-2022 at 02:28 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Sorry for the delay in getting a picture posted.

Here are four German roller delayed blowbacks and a Delta Top Gun from Italy (which is a roller locked breech like the CZ) in the middle.

From left to right: Korriphila HSP701, Geiger GRP, Delta Top Gun, Korth PRS, HK P9S Sport (sorry I no longer own a standard P9S or CZ 52).

Also, the easiest way to tell a blowback from a locked breech is simply pulling the slide backwards. If the slide and barrel separate immediately, you have a blowback. If they "stick" together for a millimeter or two before separating, you have a locked breech. Your HK will separate immediately. Your CZ will lock together briefly.

Its really that simple.

Hope this helps!
    Wow. Your collection is truly museum worthy. You have some of the finest handguns ever made.

For me, the lines and the proportions of the Korriphila are just... perfect. Even the mechanics have this elegant sense of the efficiency that, I think, complements the staid design. Ian McCollum has a video explaining how it works; it seems a little simpler than the HK pattern: one roller, toward the back of the bolt assembly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOvEy7TWyOI&t=593s

Good observation on the roller delay vs. locked breech. Generally, it seems like any gun with a fixed barrel falls into some permutation of blowback; if the barrel moves, you've got a locked-breech situation. I'm not sure that's not universally applicable, but... seems to be true most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Wow. Your collection is truly museum worthy. You have some of the finest handguns ever made.
    This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post

For me, the lines and the proportions of the Korriphila are just... perfect. Even the mechanics have this elegant sense of the efficiency that, I think, complements the staid design. Ian McCollum has a video explaining how it works; it seems a little simpler than the HK pattern: one roller, toward the back of the bolt assembly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOvEy7TWyOI&t=593s

Good observation on the roller delay vs. locked breech. Generally, it seems like any gun with a fixed barrel falls into some permutation of blowback; if the barrel moves, you've got a locked-breech situation. I'm not sure that's not universally applicable, but... seems to be true most of the time.
    Thank you sir

Yeah I’ve seen Ian’s Korriphila video. He did a nice job. The one I posted is a rare SAO Target model in 9mm. I also have a shorter barrel 45ACP duty model.

As for the fixed barrel, yes, that’s generally the rule, but not all blowback pistol barrels are as rigid as others. Like I said, the simple way is just to pull back the slide. That’s a fail safe way of determining it.

It drives me irrationally crazy how the dust cover on that Geiger pistol extends past the cut on the slide.

Very cool guns nevertheless. Amazing collection Bac.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    This is just the tip of the iceberg.
    I mean… I won’t complain if we see more.

Didn’t Korth make some other semi-auto prior to the PRS?

I have faith Bac can deliver… 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    It drives me irrationally crazy how the dust cover on that Geiger pistol extends past the cut on the slide.

Very cool guns nevertheless. Amazing collection Bac.
    Yes, I could do without that too, but I think its done to add strength to the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Jeff Cooper's comment on the P9S - all that plastic and stamped sheet metal, then they put the money they saved back into an elaborate barrel extension and bolt.
    Yes Jim

The P9S construction is cheap on the outside, but very finely built and robust internally.

User Tag List