Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost River Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    Rough estimate of when your 148g 9mm will come back in stock?

It is back in stock now finally.

Had a parts issue and was waiting to get things fixed. Now I am back up and running!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    It is back in stock now finally.

Had a parts issue and was waiting to get things fixed. Now I am back up and running!

Nice! Just ordered. Thanks!

I love the 148 +P wadcutters out of my 442. Really accurate and hard hitting.

I received 2 boxes of the .38 Short Colt yesterday. (ETA 3/4/23)
    Great looking ammo and hopefully I will have the opportunity to shoot some tomorrow.
    Well life intervened and it took me until the 21st to get to the outdoor range to chrono and shoot some of these rounds. I'm impressed.
    I did shoot 10 rounds in my LCR and Model 10 at the indoor range from 5-7 yards shortly after 3/4, and was pleased with the grouping, for me.

They chronoed around 850 fps out of my well worn and weekly fired LCR. Subjectively very controllable and more accurate than I am!

After chrono data I shot plates from 7-20 yards. They shoot well to the XS sights on my LCR and my old Model 10 loves them.

I especially like the clean and easy ejection from my little LCR and my 1992 S&W 640.

I'll be saving my for more!

ETA obligatory pic

Name:  Revolver clean up day 15 March 2023.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  99.6 KB

Thanks again @ Lost River
    Last edited by Jamie; 03-23-2023 at 08:23 AM.

+P 40 170 Poly-Coat

Friends

This is something I have been working on for quite some time now Over 2K rounds fired once the final load was determined. This is a Poly-Coat Hard Cast Semi Wadcutter .40 S&W with a velocity of 1200 FPS. Fired from a Gen 3 Glock 22 (factory barrel).

Most people I have found grip a standard frame 9mm/40 better than they do the large frame 45/10mms, and they shoot them better as well. I had some people shoot this for me in the last 6 months and the ones who did not have extensive shooting experience with .45s and 10mms tended to shoot the .40 quite a bit better in terms of both accuracy and speed in between shots. The experienced shooters did not have as big of a performance gap but they definitely put in better performance with the smaller frame gun shooting the +P .40 load.

Very pleased with the accuracy of this load:

Today, I was out shooting some other loads and I confirmed a 50 yard zero and finished off with a 50 yard, 10 shot group, using my G22.

I realize that there are a number of guys here who can shoot much better than this, but for me to keep 10/10 on the paper plate at 50, I am happy. This is especially after I just got done shooting some very heavy loads (.45 Colt 325 grain hammers).

I need to remind myself that any accuracy shooting of other guns needs to be done before I shoot the heavy recoiling revolvers. There is a point where enough is enough!

Cheers!

Friends

This is something I have been working on for quite some time now Over 2K rounds fired once the final load was determined. This is a Poly-Coat Hard Cast Semi Wadcutter .40 S&W with a velocity of 1200 FPS. Fired from a Gen 3 Glock 22 (factory barrel).

Most people I have found grip a standard frame 9mm/40 better than they do the large frame 45/10mms, and they shoot them better as well. I had some people shoot this for me in the last 6 months and the ones who did not have extensive shooting experience with .45s and 10mms tended to shoot the .40 quite a bit better in terms of both accuracy and speed in between shots. The experienced shooters did not have as big of a performance gap but they definitely put in better performance with the smaller frame gun shooting the +P .40 load.

Very pleased with the accuracy of this load:

Today, I was out shooting some other loads and I confirmed a 50 yard zero and finished off with a 50 yard, 10 shot group, using my G22.

I realize that there are a number of guys here who can shoot much better than this, but for me to keep 10/10 on the paper plate at 50, I am happy. This is especially after I just got done shooting some very heavy loads (.45 Colt 325 grain hammers).

I need to remind myself that any accuracy shooting of other guns needs to be done before I shoot the heavy recoiling revolvers. There is a point where enough is enough!

Cheers!
    That makes me want to get one of my M&P40s milled.

This is a Poly-Coat Hard Cast Semi Wadcutter .40 S&W with a velocity of 1200 FPS. Fired from a Gen 3 Glock 22 (factory barrel).

I cannot get this load or image out of my head.

If you were to ask on the S&W Forums, then they'd say that a quality service-caliber handgun with quality ammo should group into 1" for every 10 yards of distance.

It looks to me like your 40-caliber work meets or exceeds that standard.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Friends

Excellent accuracy! And 1200 FPS is screaming.

I used to shoot hard cast 170 gr SWC (not coated) out of my Gen 3 G23, with good accuracy and very minor leading, but they were loaded to about 980 FPS.

Are you using the factory springs with this load?

User Tag List