Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Lost River Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    How about some .32 H&R Wadcutters.

The first batch sold out almost immediately.

I am just waiting on more components at the moment.

Would expect that some time during the week after Christmas I will have them back in stock again.

Ran them through a GP100 and an LCR. Been carrying the little LCR, what a cool little gun. Perfect gun for the morning when I take the kids to school. I drop my J Frame into one front pocket and the LCR into another. Normally I have a regular carry gun on my belt, but these 2 little snubbies just work perfectly for coat pockets during this time of year.

There is so much that is just right about the little .32s..

Oh hell yeah! And Thank you!
    I'll be stalking your website Lost River.

Great combo there. Love my .32

@Jamie, @JHC and others

The .32 H&R 100 grain poly coated wadcutters are up on the site!

Ordered! Thank you Sir!

I've been stalking your site daily. You must have just slipped that in on me.

I just got it on there today. I had made a small batch before, but guys had called and bought some before I had a chance to get it on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I just got it on there today. I had made a small batch before, but guys had called and bought some before I had a chance to get it on the website.
    Ordered! Thanks so much!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Just ordered some of the .32 H&R's. Also just won a S&W 25-5 4 inch off of gunbroker after questing after one for a bit so I'm gonna have to order up some .45LC stuff once I get it in hand. Excited about this one...

Thanks for making all this stuff, makes life much easier knowing we have a great source for good to go ammo.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Just ordered some of the .32 H&R's. Also just won a S&W 25-5 4 inch off of gunbroker after questing after one for a bit so I'm gonna have to order up some .45LC stuff once I get it in hand. Excited about this one...

Thanks for making all this stuff, makes life much easier knowing we have a great source for good to go ammo.

Thank you.

The 25-5 is such a great gun.

You can really cover a lot of ground with a 270 wide nose Keith SWC at 900 FPS. I don't know if you have read any of the late John Linebaugh's writings about his experiences with the cartridge, but he has great things to say about it and loads in that range.

Lots of animals have become steaks and roasts with a single well placed round from a .45 Colt.

Ordered 100rds of .38 wadcutters on Tuesday, had a tracking number almost immediately, and by Friday they'd made their way from Idaho to Iowa. Meanwhile I'm still waiting on a Blue Force Gear order I made a weak ago to ship... Very fast processing and shipping, and $100 total for 100rds of what I consider strictly carry ammo is quite reasonable compared to, say, Federal GMM.

Looking forward to trying these out whenever I can make it to the range between bad weather, new puppy, church stuff, work... It may be a while.

.38 Wadcutter update.

It is no secret that poly-coated projectiles have become more and more popular over the years. In fact, the last few loads I have developed, I started with a poly-coated projectile right from the start. They smoke less when the gun is discharged, and make cleaning easier, plus you are handling lead a bit less if that is a concern. Accuracy tends to be excellent with them as well. Really there are no downsides.

I recently developed a good load that is suitable to replace the .38 Special standard pressure 148 grain hardcast wadcutter. So the new poly-coated 148 grain wadcutters will be offered from here out. They pair up nicely with the little .32 H&R wadcutters too!

Hope you guys enjoy them!

User Tag List