Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cover in the Home?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    In terms of things that are practical, book shelves filled with books. . .
    Don't you shoot my books!

​Duces

Stacked plastic. You'd be surprised how much they stop. Check out the videos on cell phones stopping rifle rounds. I couldn't get a 158gr 38spl to penetrate a PC hard drive

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Way back in the day, our very first metal targets were made of boilerplate scraps we got from a local company, they even cut it for us.

Worked for pistol calibers and slugs and buck eventually pocked pretty bad and distorted after hundreds of rounds. .223/5.56 went through them like butter.

If you were serious about it, you could buy sheets cut to just about any reasonable dimension and be protected from all but rifle calibers and AP pistol rounds.

Plus,a whole bunch cheaper than AR500.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by JclInAtx View Post
    There was a "box o truth" Maybe that's what you remember ? https://www.theboxotruth.com/threads...x-o-truth.278/
    Yes! That’s it!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Closets full of hanging clothes do amazing things to stop bullets.

Bookshelves are great at stopping bullets.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    A friend’s brother negligently discharged his .30-06 into his garage freezer soon after packing it full of deer meat harvested by the same rifle that he apparently forgot to unload from the same hunting trip that produced the meat. The projectile made it through one side of the freezer and a number of steaks and other items within before lodging sideways in the inside of the opposite end. So that kind of worked as “cover.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    A friend’s brother negligently discharged his .30-06 into his garage freezer soon after packing it full of deer meat harvested by the same rifle that he apparently forgot to unload from the same hunting trip that produced the meat. The projectile made it through one side of the freezer and a number of steaks and other items within before lodging sideways in the inside of the opposite end. So that kind of worked as “cover.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This is actually what I use as my dry fire backstop.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

I don't recall ever hearing about hanging clothes stopping bullets, any idea on parameters of that? Like hundreds of garments? Packed tight like the books on a bookshelf?

I know one of my Gunsmith buddies has mentioned that snow works good for recovering bullets, though he is from South Dakota and I believe he means feet of snow probably packed a fair bit.

I'm telling you guys- large guitar and bass amplifier stacks is the way to go!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

Bookshelves full of phone books!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List