Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AIWB in IPSC Limited/Limited 10

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The "fast vs accurate" debate, at least among serious shooters, is less about philosophy and more about word choice in my experience.
    Yeah.

And generally where my failure is epic.

Dude does not articulate well unless allowed to drop "F" Bombs like I was a B-52.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    The best shooters will win regardles of format in my experience. Case in point there is a law enforcement only match up here in Alaska once a year and I have done well at this match the last 5 years or so coming in 1st or 2nd each year but one. The guys who got me on the years I got second also go back and forth with me. This last year their was much moaning and nashing of teath by some shooters who said us USPSA guys (meaning cops that shoot USPSA for fun) had an advantage and the competition was not tactical enough. So this year they went with NRA Law Enforcement rules which is a retarded rules system which basically puts all the emphasis on accuracy (C zone hit -2 seconds D zone -4 Miss -10) Well to make a long story short I got 1st and the same top shooters placed in the top 5 like always. The guys who were bitching placed about the same as they always do. The moral of the story is if you shoot well you will do good at any shooting game.
    Pat
    Overall I agree with you, though I see a little disparity in my situation at the moment. Being pretty new to USPSA right now (5 matches so far over an 8 month time frame) I seem to be about B class in USPSA, though sometimes I do better than that. I need to improve in accuracy, speed, stage planning and execution, and consistency at all those things. The top three people at the GSSF matches in the area are two legit GMs in USPSA and myself - they beat me just a little bit more than I beat them in GSSF, but it's anybody's game and I beat them a little less than half the time too. I gots to get better at serial tasking!

We are diminished
    Cannot agree with the idea that being good at one game means being good at all. NRA LE is very IPSC'y and was developed by IPSC shooters, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    I gots to get better at serial tasking!
    Wow, worthy of a Zen patriarch.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Cannot agree with the idea that being good at one game means being good at all. NRA LE is very IPSC'y and was developed by IPSC shooters, after all.
    I mean if you have good solid skills you can learn any game and play it well. There are differences but if you have the base I believe you will perform well.
    Pat

Interesting yet appropriate thread drift. First off I shoot with Origami in USPSA. He gives next to nothing because he AIWB carries. His draw to first shot is as quick as any other. Props to him - his practice pays off.....But not all stages start with with a start, draw, shot....sometimes there is enough movement that drawing at the same time doesn't hurt in overall time...so my observation is AIWB gives very little against the competiton (overall). As for L-10 or Limited...I see it's the reloads that could really slow you down. Afterall it's sometimes that time that seperates Limited and L-10 in the first place. Say reaching under a shirt for a mag adds 1/2 a second to your relaod (I'm guessing so..)and if you reload 5 times in long course = 2.5 seconds. That is the difference between top 5 on a stage and middle pack....So if you AIWB should you Limited or L-10..Id say Limited. Again reaching to your mid back to pull a mag is really going to cost you time.

And as for fast vs. accurate, they don't compete against the other...it's how fast can you accurately hit the target. And yes you could take so much time your accurate hit doesn't matter...especially when somebody else can nail it quikcer than you.

User Tag List