Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not quite "modern", but, if you wanted a classy pocketable 380...

I actually have two HScs in 32acp; one early war (blued and beautiful), one late/post war made after the occupation I think. I've only got a couple of mags for them both and I've only taken one out and shot it...neat little gun. Can't imagine one of those would be super comfortable in 380 though, and the HK4 is a direct descendant of them..

The Big Brown Truck of Happiness showed up at my FFL today, and among the things it dropped off...

(I apologize for the crap lighting, it's been a long and annoying day and it's dark out.)

Name:  IMG_1718-cropped.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  80.3 KB

In the box was a soft pistol case with US Armament Corp embroidered on it; in the case was this:

Name:  IMG_1721-cropped.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  84.3 KB

The roll marks are more...engravings...which is fine. Not "perfect", but what is

Name:  IMG_1722-cropped.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  59.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1723-cropped.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  76.5 KB

It actually came apart with very little fiddling, which is nice:

Name:  IMG_1725-cropped.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  102.6 KB

The slide has the last 3 of the serial number stamped into the hammer recess, which is nice.

Sadly, it only came with one mag...I'll need to pick up a handful more. Tomorrow I plan on tearing it back down and cleaning all the goop out of it, maybe getting some better photos (in daylight, even), and see what it looks like then!

Did you get blue or the royal blue version? About a $200 difference it seems. Personally, I'd love the parkerized version which is out of stock.

Just the regular blued one; they didn't have any of the others in stock. I would have liked a shot at the royal blue version, but...this is just fine. I'd take blued over parked personally; I'm a sucker for a nice blueing...

That is a really nice looking repro gun.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    The Big Brown Truck of Happiness showed up at my FFL today, and among the things it dropped off...

(I apologize for the crap lighting, it's been a long and annoying day and it's dark out.)

Name:  IMG_1718-cropped.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  80.3 KB

In the box was a soft pistol case with US Armament Corp embroidered on it; in the case was this:

Name:  IMG_1721-cropped.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  84.3 KB

The roll marks are more...engravings...which is fine. Not "perfect", but what is

Name:  IMG_1722-cropped.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  59.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1723-cropped.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  76.5 KB

It actually came apart with very little fiddling, which is nice:

Name:  IMG_1725-cropped.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  102.6 KB

The slide has the last 3 of the serial number stamped into the hammer recess, which is nice.

Sadly, it only came with one mag...I'll need to pick up a handful more. Tomorrow I plan on tearing it back down and cleaning all the goop out of it, maybe getting some better photos (in daylight, even), and see what it looks like then!
    Oh heck yeah, when I originally saw this thread I knew someone on P-F would bite. Thanks for being the one.

That looks quite nice!
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

One could technically call it a Brevete Colt.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Not that there's probably too many people who got on this bandwagon, but I just got a notification from US Armament that they have a bunch of .380 1903/1908 Mags in stock, blued...get while the getting is good! I just ordered 3, so I can actually get some rangetime in without spending more time reloading than shooting...

@Evil_Ed, have you shot that gorgeous piece of fun yet? Did I miss it somewhere?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Pockets sure were bigger back in the day.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List