Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I’m dying. Need new backup irons.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Both for use with a dot. RMR on FCD plate on MOS guns.

Current setups:

Attachment 97545
    I replaced my Ameriglo rear sights, which also were cutting me up, with 10-8 rear sights, which are dehorned. Another reason I like the rear sight in front of the optic when possible!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I replaced my Ameriglo rear sights, which also were cutting me up, with 10-8 rear sights, which are dehorned. Another reason I like the rear sight in front of the optic when possible!
    PS, your rear sights looks like an edged weapon -- almost like they copied a S&W CORE rear.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I put the Overwatch Precision Have Blue irons on both my 45 and 19 MOS. Great sights and I love that they hit EXACTLY on POA at 25yds. Unfortunately, the rear blades are wide and sharp. I’m crying uncle. Even with an undershirt I’m getting chewed up; let alone my clothes.
    Can't you just touch them with a fine metal file until the corners are dulled just enough to be serviceable? Then add some cold blue. May as well give it a try if you are otherwise happy with the current configuration. You may even be able to get away with a decent fingernail file from a drug store. It probably won't take much.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Can't you just touch them with a fine metal file until the corners are dulled just enough to be serviceable? Then add some cold blue. May as well give it a try if you are otherwise happy with the current configuration. You may even be able to get away with a decent fingernail file from a drug store. It probably won't take much.
    This is what I’d do.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    That's what I've always done. It's a Glock for crying out loud. It doesn't need to be pretty.

10-8 sights, fcd plate/rmr 2 g17 Gen 5. Very good low cowitness setup. Also have 10-8 on my g48 mos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use Dawson sights. The black rears have a nice comfortable bevel unlike the Overwatch sights. Dawsons are blued instead of nitrided but if you oil them occassionally with an oil with a decent rust inhibitor like slip2000 ewl you’ll have no problems.

Dawson’s MOS sights also have the same height setup as the Overwatch sights so the POI should be the same.

Overwatch’s sights look weird (aesthetically, not functionally) and are sharp but they are nice quality, serrated front and rear, have a set screw (a really small one though) are nitrided, the front blade is nice and thin, and the rear have a typical square notch instead of the goofy 10-8 “u.” They work great in an OWB setup with something like an SRO.

I would go for the 10-8 RS, then math out what height I needed for the front and order that from Dawson.
    Taking a break from social media.

My shirts and stomach really appreciate having the rear sight ahead of the optic.

Name:  F15B328C-2DA4-442E-BDB6-0844BBE3D913.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  70.4 KB

My next milling project is a G26.4. I will be having it done for an EPS carry with no rear BUIS. (The EPS carry has a small built-in rear sight).
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List