Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's wrong with this picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    You would have to been a GEN Xer to get that. It was from a long time ago.
    I started reading that sentence thinking "what are you talking about, young people may not get it since that HK thing is so old", then I got to the second sentence and realized you're calling GEN Xer's old.
    Last edited by JTQ; 11-25-2022 at 08:21 AM.

@TCinVA , I had not seen the coin challenge-what a hoot!

FWIW, sometimes I introduce people to handguns utilizing a G44. After some talking, I have them work with little dummy rounds(.22lr) and a mag. I want them to be able to load a mag, load the pistol and UNLOAD and make safe. A number of times with absolute neophytes-never touched a firearm-I've found them trying to put the "rounds" in mag backwards. My description has been to orient the flat back of cartridge towards the flat back of the mag. That's helpful, and I want them to have a "positive" handgun experience. People learn by hearing, seeing and doing. They then load the mag and cycle the rounds.
    I grateful for reading Jeff Cooper, and having adult relatives and friends show me informally last century. I have tried to pass it on with my daughters too.

Edit add: Claude Werner came up with cheap rimfire dummies: #4 wall anchors- $.04 apiece. They work for a bit and then crumble, particularly if you dry fire on them, but you get them literally for pennies.
    Last edited by 1Rangemaster; 11-25-2022 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Cheap .22 dummies

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Random internet Glock fan boi: All my Glocks will feed and fire backwards rounds.
    It’s good for shooting targets behind you, but you better make sure to duck!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    A few years ago, I was working nights in a hanger where we were powering up aircraft to test the fault detection systems. It got loud occasionally. We had a big box of ear plugs sitting out for anyone who wanted/needed them. You know, the foam, tapered kind. I looked over at a coworker who had a pair in his ears backwards. I told him a good general rule is that when inserting anything into his body, to use the tapered end first.

User Tag List