Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with this picture?

I didn't think the Boberg bullpup pistol was so influential!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverJIM View Post
    Tried it in my 625 PC, wouldn't work..............maybe if I'd used a bigger hammer.
    Well, edge case wise, maybe one of the Colt's with the straight through chambers but, yeah, mostly no. The majority of the .45 ACP revolvers have stepped chambers and the front of the chamber would be too small to accept a free cartridge. Even on a straight through chamber, clips wouldn't work: a full moon wouldn't clear the crane, a half moon wouldn't clear the cylinder gap. A loose round would float though maybe not fall through the chamber. Only way to tell would be to give it a good Hollywood flick... 😜
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I had to double check to make sure my first impression was right.

https://www.justpews.com/heckler-koch-hk45c-review/
    That's the way you load them.

If you load enough magazines properly you get the challenge coin.

Name:  p301.jpeg
Views: 309
Size:  57.1 KBName:  p302.jpeg
Views: 309
Size:  54.9 KB
    Noobs these days...
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

Can't do that with a revolver
    You can if you don't give up.

And if you use a hammer.
    3/15/2016

Can't do that with a revolver
    Well, not with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    HCM, thanks for the link! I had not heard that was a HK thing
    You would have to been a GEN Xer to get that. It was from a long time ago.

Some years ago, I took one of my wife's cousin's father to the range. He was an air force vet, probably 15 years my senior. I had my .22 HK 416 replica and he started trying to load the mag backwards...maybe it's just really a thing with nonshooters and HKs?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    You would have to been a GEN Xer to get that. It was from a long time ago.
    Or into HK’s, it’s a signature thing in pictures of HK guns on gun forums.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Several years ago when I was at an in service qualification, I witnessed that. They had Sheriffs Trustees doing cleanup/maintenance on the range (great idea. What could go wrong?). One of the trustees was frantic to get the attention of one of the range staff, because the veteran female officer two lanes over from me had loaded the rounds in her magazine backwards. The Range Officer went over and informed her of the error....and she promptly turned the magazine around in her hand and tried to insert it backwards. The Range guy grabbed her and told her No....you have to unload the magazine and re-insert the rounds correctly. She walked back to the loading bench in the back.of the range, from which we shortly heard the tinkling sound of all her ammo hitting the ground. She removed the floorplates and dumped the ammo....because she believed that was how one unload a magazine. And no.....none of this is made up.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Several years ago when I was at an in service qualification, I witnessed that. They had Sheriffs Trustees doing cleanup/maintenance on the range (great idea. What could go wrong?). One of the trustees was frantic to get the attention of one of the range staff, because the veteran female officer two lanes over from me had loaded the rounds in her magazine backwards. The Range Officer went over and informed her of the error....and she promptly turned the magazine around in her hand and tried to insert it backwards. The Range guy grabbed her and told her No....you have to unload the magazine and re-insert the rounds correctly. She walked back to the loading bench in the back.of the range, from which we shortly heard the tinkling sound of all her ammo hitting the ground. She removed the floorplates and dumped the ammo....because she believed that was how one unload a magazine. And no.....none of this is made up.
    Did she get extra points on her qualification for being able to remove the floor plates with rounds inside the magazine?
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List