Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holosun SRO Competitor Inbound

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    100% in agreement. HTF do you "release" a product and can't seem to produce it? I have a G19 slide specifically milled waiting on the EPS. Hoping I don't have to buy a 507k while I wait for an EPS.
    They are copying Aimpoint... (jk)

In all seriousness releasing a product and being unable to meet demand is nothing new in the gun industry. Just ask the people who had to hunt and pay scalper pricing for S7W magnum revolvers back in the day. COVID and the Ukraine war haven't helped.

Holosun has been making and importing the EPS and the EPS Carry, like a lot of imported products in high demand they are imported in batches and simply sell out faster than Holosun can make or import them. Between worldwide materials sourcing issues, COVID lockdowns still being a thing in China it surprising they have been able to meet demand for existing product as well as they haves.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    IMO this is a good time to announce it in between competition years.
    This, even the matches that run through winter in AL have low participation in Dec, Jan, Feb. Further North many clubs shut it all down.

I suspect a lot of people will be willing to wait until February or even March to top their 2023 competition guns.....classic "freeze the market", a solid tactic.

In addition to price, mounting footprint and dot options will have a lot to do with their long term commercial success on this one.

If I were the designer, for this niche I would pick 3 and 6 moa dots, and direct MOS and RMR footprint options and offer 4 variants get the best market share opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Okay, a little less excited.

I increased the brightness and compared to a deltapoint it seems similar width but a little taller.

Attachment 97517

Attachment 97518
    Your altered pic made it easy to draw some lines in paint and figure out the rough dimensions.

The slide width in the picture is 299 pixels.
    The optic window width (from one side of the housing to the other (on the inside) is 313 pixels.
    The optic window height (from the top of the optic deck to the top inside of the housing is 204 pixels.

Google claims a standard Glock slide is 1" wide.

That makes the optic window dimensions 1.047" wide by 0.682" tall.

For comparison:
    RMR - 0.90" x 0.6"
    DPP - 1.0" x 0.68"
    SRO - 0.98" 0.89"
    509T - 0.90" x 0.66"

All of these numbers were obtained by Google search and accepting the first result so take them with a grain of salt. If I'm off on the width of a Glock slide, you can apply the ratios (1.047 and 0.682) to whatever dimension for width that you like to get adjusted values.

I never see it discussed but the RMR window height is misleading as a portion of the bottom of the window is blocked by emmiter base portion of the unit when looking straight through it.
    That 0.6" should probably be 0.45" or so when mounted to a pistol slide.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    100% in agreement. HTF do you "release" a product and can't seem to produce it? I have a G19 slide specifically milled waiting on the EPS. Hoping I don't have to buy a 507k while I wait for an EPS.
    Sportsman's Guide has the 6 MOA red dot EPS and the 2 and 6 MOA green dot EPS models in-stock right now. They're out there, you just need to do some searching and set up alerts.

Quote Originally Posted by RennBaer View Post
    Sportsman's Guide has the 6 MOA red dot EPS and the 2 and 6 MOA green dot EPS models in-stock right now. They're out there, you just need to do some searching and set up alerts.
    Thanks for the heads up. Was definitely wanting the EPS Red 2 MOA. So yesterday I just placed a back order for one at Eurooptics. Hope its in before I get my frame back from Boresight!
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

User Tag List