Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW Insurance?

CCW Insurance?

What carrier do you use/reco? I currently have USCCA Gold but have heard talk about their "obligation to perform ends", "recoupment" text--that they can demand reimbursement if found guilty in a criminal case? I'm in California and I can see that my self-defense action could be spun into that. I'm a fairly new shooter and firearms owner so my lack of CCW knowledge doesn't help understanding their lingo. Are other companies "better" than USCCA? I've read conflicting comparison reviews. Is this pointing out USCCA's text just a scare tactic by other companies to draw business? Thanks in advance for your input.
    Last edited by LowAndLeft; 11-22-2022 at 11:47 AM.

Site Supporter
    While not really insurance, I have joined and recommend Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    While not really insurance, I have joined and recommend Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The ones I see regularly recommended are ACLDN and CCW Safe (I have CCW Safe).
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Here's an older thread on the subject.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....arry-insurance

F’ing Washington. WA state made it illegal to buy ACLDN’s insurance, and they’re headquartered here.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Thank you! Exactly the sort of stuff I was looking for. It didn't come up in the search I did before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    F’ing Washington. WA state made it illegal to buy ACLDN’s insurance, and they’re headquartered here.
    Can you buy *any* insurance of that type, or is it all verboten?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Can you buy *any* insurance of that type, or is it all verboten?
    I think you can buy insurance here, just not that one. The AG took them to court and they settled by not selling the ins. here in the WA. ever again. Not sure what the problem was but we have a seriously anti-gun AG here. Blue votes no doubt.

Anyway I've had ACLDN for about 8 years and just renewed a few days ago. I researched the market pretty well when I first purchased it. We were spending our winters doing the RV thing in the SW and it looked like it fit me better than any of the others. We don't travel in an RV anymore but I stayed with them. Makes me feel good that the AG couldn't kill the company. I still have it and Bob Ferguson can go fuck himself.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    ACLDN is not "Insurance", and that is the crux of the fight with the Washington Insurance Commissioner.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    That's a good thread on the topic. Here's another:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....RA-Carry-Guard

User Tag List