Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps Fighting Should Come First

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSiegfried View Post
    Yes!!! Thank you, and i was indeed agreeing with Clusterfrack, not at all contradicting. My lament was directed at the, seeming, large group of our citizens who just don't seem to be concerned about taking responsibility for, or developing the ability to, defend themselves, whether we are talking about criminals or regimes.

Thanks for the opportunity to be more clear, I appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
    Thank you for taking my comment in the spirit offered.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    From her bio at the end of the piece:
    “ Juliette Kayyem, a former assistant secretary for homeland security under President Barack Obama, is the faculty chair of the homeland-security program at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.”
    And it says a lot about her capabilities as a teacher and a bureaucrat.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If they haven't learned the lessons of history by now...and it's pretty obvious that most haven't, I'm at a loss how to make it any more "bloody" obvious.

The "denial" speaks volumes about the disconnect.
    Sadly, they aren't interested in the lessons of history, they're interested in making a new "better" society, that will be independent of the past (year zero like folks), and they have no problems with the cost in lives that it would take and will never take any responsibility for its failure.

Being morally right counts for more than being actually right with these folks.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Back to the op:
    I would hope(and pray) in an extreme situation, I could respond appropriately. But I believe anyone could be caught by surprise, have a bad day, be behind the curve, etc. Kudos to the two individuals (or whoever) who took the firearm away and neutralized the murderer. This has happened before. Decades ago, folks on the train on Long Island jumped the murderer while he was reloading. And so on…
    But dear God, the dithering of that woman who wrote the article. And “maybe” she wants someone to save her kids?!? In my opinion, that right there is an indication of a major problem in this country. If my children were threatened, unleash hell and end it-if I can’t.
    A society, group or individuals who don’t fight back probably won’t be around long, unless maybe you’re at Harvard or a bureaucrat…

Edit to add: @Wondering Beard- in my opinion, they think they are ideologically right. They don’t have any morals to recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    And it says a lot about her capabilities as a teacher and a bureaucrat.
    And at least was, if not still, a CNN talking head.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Edit to add: @Wondering Beard- in my opinion, they think they are ideologically right. They don’t have any morals to recognize.
    Oh, it's worse, they think they do have morals, and the right ones to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And at least was, if not still, a CNN talking head.
    Somehow, not surprised.

There should be principles to suggest a direction.

I’ll just leave this:

Jeff Coopers “ Principles of Personal Defense “.

I think just about everyone in our community here could respond appropriately.

Safe and Happy Thanksgiving, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Sadly, they aren't interested in the lessons of history, they're interested in making a new "better" society, that will be independent of the past (year zero like folks), and they have no problems with the cost in lives that it would take and will never take any responsibility for its failure.

Being morally right counts for more than being actually right with these folks.
    Case in point.
    Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) doubled down in an interview on “60 Minutes” on Sunday night and said she was, well, “morally right,” even if her facts weren’t.

"Run, hide, fight" seems backwards. Shouldn't it have been "Fight, and make the cowardly murderer run and hide?"

But that would require appropriately equipped and mentally prepared personnel, and is too effing logical.

User Tag List