Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Perhaps Fighting Should Come First

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I had trouble with the bolded part:

I’m not ready to say I want my young kids to fight if, God forbid, they encounter a mass shooter. But I’m willing to admit that maybe I want someone present to fight for them. I don’t love it. I don’t even like it. In fact, I hate it.”

So- don’t want your kids to take action to protect themselves, but you hope someone else will?

Talk about a lack of encouraging personal responsibility- “I hope someone else does something”.
    I completely do not understand such a mindset. Talk about a culture of sheep.
    Pore little Snowflake. I bet she was literally shaking after typing that. Probably needed an extra session in the Safe Space.
    Would a new gun law or restriction on speech make you feel better, sweetie pie?

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’m hoping the idea that fighting might just be okay, as presented in the linked article, starts to become more mainstream...
    I agree with your sentiment. But I think our populace, on the whole, has become so accustomed to out-sourcing everything, they're not mentally capable of handling their own emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I had trouble with the bolded part:

“ I’m not ready to say I want my young kids to fight if, God forbid, they encounter a mass shooter. But I’m willing to admit that maybe I want someone present to fight for them. I don’t love it. I don’t even like it. In fact, I hate it.”

So- don’t want your kids to take action to protect themselves, but you hope someone else will?
    I think most folks are so insulated from the realities of life (food production, energy production, safety and security, etc.) they don't even consider resolving their own problem. Only a few generations ago, if your house was cold, you split some wood and built a fire. If you were hungry you slaughtered an animal, or harvested food from the garden. If you were threatened, you pulled the 12 gauge out.

Now, I know adult men who have never changed their own oil in their vehicle, or fixed a leaking faucet, let alone slaughter an animal. If they have a crisis, their only real recourse is to pick up the phone and hope someone else will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Combat Vet Who Stopped The Synagogue Shooter: ‘I Scared The Hell Out Of Him’
    Stewart yelled, according to his wife and others who were at the scene. “You motherfucker! I’m going to kill you!”
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/28/c...gogue-shooter/
    Further proof scumbags that perpetrate public mass murder are straight up pussies and when pressed they will fold and/or kill themselves, so accommodate them with full on violence.
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Further proof scumbags that perpetrate public mass murder are straight up pussies and when pressed they will fold and/or kill themselves, so accommodate them with full on violence.
    I wouldn't make that an axiom...despite being the case not infrequently.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I wouldn't make that an axiom...despite being the case not infrequently.
    I probably should have said "the majority of scumbags". So many are the hide in the basement incel types.
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Pore little Snowflake. I bet she was literally shaking after typing that. Probably needed an extra session in the Safe Space.
    Would a new gun law or restriction on speech make you feel better, sweetie pie?
    Oh, but her “profession” is “security”…

From the Atlantic piece:
    “Run, hide, fight” has been the guiding principle in my profession—security—for decades.”

Almost as pathetic as her expectations that others will protect her children (rather than encouraging them to do it themselves), is her view of herself as a “security professional” after being a bureaucrat in Homeland Security, and then moving into academia.

From her bio at the end of the piece:
    “ Juliette Kayyem, a former assistant secretary for homeland security under President Barack Obama, is the faculty chair of the homeland-security program at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.”

Boy- that’s who I want to learn from when it comes to dealing with violence in person.
    Not @SouthNarc or someone else less experienced in the ways of the world.
    /s

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    The recent trend is for more of them to engage responders.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yeah, that never works out well for us.
    And while it is certainly true that specific groups have a greater history of oppression, I just wish folks would learn and remember that ANY unarmed populace is screwed.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSiegfried View Post
    And while it is certainly true that specific groups have a greater history of oppression, I just wish folks would learn and remember that ANY unarmed populace is screwed.

I think you'd find few supporters of 2A rights for all citizens stauncher than Clusterfrack. (I'm sure your intent was not to imply otherwise, but I don't want that fact to be lost in the ether...since he was answering a specific post and topic in the quote above.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think you'd find few supporters of 2A rights for all citizens stauncher than Clusterfrack. (I'm sure your intent was not to imply otherwise, but I don't want that fact to be lost in the ether...since he was answering a specific post and topic in the quote above.)
    Yes!!! Thank you, and i was indeed agreeing with Clusterfrack, not at all contradicting. My lament was directed at the, seeming, large group of our citizens who just don't seem to be concerned about taking responsibility for, or developing the ability to, defend themselves, whether we are talking about criminals or regimes.

Thanks for the opportunity to be more clear, I appreciate it!

User Tag List