Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps Fighting Should Come First

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=UNM1136;1420045]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    "Run, hide, fight" seems backwards. Shouldn't it have been "Fight, and make the cowardly murderer run and hide?"
    Yes, it should have been...

But that would require appropriately equipped and mentally prepared personnel, and is too effing logical.

I have read your stuff since the 80's, I still treasure your stuff from The Truth about Self Protection, which one of my senseis recommended, and I will not loan out, due to availability....

Yes, it does seem backward, but we are raising sheeple,...Even my kids...Who have been to CRASE...

Hard people have to stand, and make these shitheads realize the cost of their poorly formed decisions. This is why my duty piece is my (almost always) off duty piece...

pat

"I’m not ready to say I want my young kids to fight if, God forbid, they encounter a mass shooter. But I’m willing to admit that maybe I want someone present to fight for them. I don’t love it. I don’t even like it. In fact, I hate it."

She is full of BS. She does not hate it. She absolutely wants someone else to do the difficult dangerous things.

This is the problem I have with that statement.

She, like many others, expects someone else to have their family members risk their lives.

The hypocrisy of this crap is always ridiculous.

It is along these lines:

"Nope, I refuse to carry a gun because I object on moral reasons, and I will take the condescendingly moral high ground, but I don't object to others carrying guns and doing the killing on my behalf..."

I dealt with these types my whole career and quite frankly I find them disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    "I’m not ready to say I want my young kids to fight if, God forbid, they encounter a mass shooter. But I’m willing to admit that maybe I want someone present to fight for them. I don’t love it. I don’t even like it. In fact, I hate it."

She is full of BS. She does not hate it. She absolutely wants someone else to do the difficult dangerous things.
    It’s the same shit that non-vegan/vegetarian anti-hunting folks say: “I don’t believe in killing animals but I’ll happily swipe my card at the store to eat meat that was raised in a soulless hell pit.”

Just a copy/paste argument.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Gotta love the hypocrisy. It's gotten to the point where arguing with that level of ignorance is an exercise in futility.

I have neighbors who think my perspective (and probably life choices) is an anachronism, but think nothing of asking me to keep an eye on their homes or family members when there is concern for one reason or another.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter

This is the problem I have with that statement.

She, like many others, expects someone else to have their family members risk their lives.

The hypocrisy of this crap is always ridiculous.

It is along these lines:

"Nope, I refuse to carry a gun because I object on moral reasons, and I will take the condescendingly moral high ground, but I don't object to others carrying guns and doing the killing on my behalf..."

I dealt with these types my whole career and quite frankly I find them disgusting.
    Wish I could like this more than once.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Gotta love the hypocrisy. It's gotten to the point where arguing with that level of ignorance is an exercise in futility.

I have neighbors who think my perspective (and probably life choices) is an anachronism, but think nothing of asking me to keep an eye on their homes or family members when there is concern for one reason or another.
    Not to mentioned, then are horrified at the level of violence you suddenly put forth upon those who would harm those who cannot or intentionally will not protect themselves.

Suddenly you are looked at with shock and contempt as if you are a monster yourself.

These are all the reasons why I have chosen to become more and more "That Guy" who spends so much time in the mountains, away from the rest of society, whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

We have people like that in my neighborhood and I’ve politely distanced myself from them since the 2020 Summer of Love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orwell's "Rough Men" comment comes to mind in this situation, as does Kipling's "Tommy".
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Not to mentioned, then are horrified at the level of violence you suddenly put forth upon those who would harm those who cannot or intentionally will not protect themselves.

Suddenly you are looked at with shock and contempt as if you are a monster yourself.

These are all the reasons why I have chosen to become more and more "That Guy" who spends so much time in the mountains, away from the rest of society, whenever possible.

I believe it was Tom Hardy (a favorite actor of mine) who said "Being alone for a while is dangerous. It's addicting. Once you see how peaceful it is, you don't even want to deal with people anymore"

We are looking forward to returning to the Blue Ridge Mountains after this stint in the Mid West.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

https://www.jack-donovan.com/sowilo/...nce-is-golden/

This link describes my thoughts on the matter pretty succinctly...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

User Tag List