Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ruger Redhawk / Super Redhawk discussion

I have a Super Redhawk, I believe built by Cylinder and Slide before Ruger started to produce the Alaskan. It’s .454 with some black cerakote-ish finish, bobbed hammer, action job, fixed sights, blah blah blah.
    https://cylinder-slide.com/PDFarticl...Hawk-Final.pdf
    Shooting .454s in it is absurdly uncomfortable, but .45 Colt, even warm loads, are very manageable.
    I often keep loaded with Underwood 45 Colt full wadcutters.
    Name:  71900471552__3ECFF8B2-434D-4ACF-A678-BED71357BF02.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  61.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Velociginger View Post
    I have a Super Redhawk, I believe built by Cylinder and Slide before Ruger started to produce the Alaskan. It’s .454 with some black cerakote-ish finish, bobbed hammer, action job, fixed sights, blah blah blah.
    https://cylinder-slide.com/PDFarticl...Hawk-Final.pdf
    Shooting .454s in it is absurdly uncomfortable, but .45 Colt, even warm loads, are very manageable.
    I often keep loaded with Underwood 45 Colt full wadcutters.
    Name:  71900471552__3ECFF8B2-434D-4ACF-A678-BED71357BF02.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  61.9 KB
    Absolutely glorious! Before finding my Alaskan I had put serious consideration into picking up a used 7.5 or 9.5 SRH and having it chopped back to about 4” just so there was enough room left for a FSB on the barrel.

I tried the Compact Lett on my Alaskan. The non finger grooved Hogue performs much better for me while still being reasonably sized.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Thanks. The trigger is really nice(though, I’m not a trigger snob, so for some it might just be “meh”).
    The Hogue grips w/o finger grooves feel really good. Evidently, C&S re-shaped the regular SRH grips to get the profile that’s on there now, according to the write-up in the link. They’re good enough with 45 Colts.

User Tag List