Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigh... G21, G30 Gen 5s?

Site Supporter
    Partly due to this thread, and partly due to @Lost River’s frequent-ish mentions of the stellar performance and accuracy of his G21, I borrowed a bud’s nearly new G21.3 SF. Put half a box or so of rounds through it today.

Meh. It’s nice enough, I’d take one if someone was handing them out, but I’m probably not going to spend any money on one in the near future. If I see a G21.5, I may give it a spin to see if I like it better, but today I went back and forth between my G19X with large backstrap and beaver tail and the G21.3 SF, and I no longer feel any attraction to the .45 in this format. Much prefer the 9mm in the full-size Glock, and 1911 or 3rd gen S&W in the .45.

Hearing some time in January for blue label sales on the new 21.

Site Supporter

So has this been posted yet?

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post

So has this been posted yet?
    Can I ask where you found that? I’d love to see a less blurry copy.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Comparing this to the listed specs for the gen 4, this appears to be .2x oz lighter, based off the weight with magazine.

I'm curious about the performance trigger. Is that a new thing, or has it been a thing for a while.

I'm curious, if it is a new product, is it a response to the aftermarket proliferation of triggers, and specifically the Apex, because it note it retains all factory safety's.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    I'm curious about the performance trigger. Is that a new thing, or has it been a thing for a while.

I'm curious, if it is a new product, is it a response to the aftermarket proliferation of triggers, and specifically the Apex, because it note it retains all factory safety's.
    Curious about this, too. I think someone (likely GJM) suggested that something like this would be revealed soon. Pricing seems to be higher than just the sum of standard parts so I am wondering if there is something else in the mix.

Well a good friend at one of the major distributors confirmed to me last night that he has snagged a G21 MOS out of his inbound shipment for me. I have an Acro P2 inbound to live on it and the Forward Controls plate sitting on the shelf. Mrs. Fatdog agreed this package is my 65th birthday present, I know, pics or it never happened...will post them when it gets here....I do feel like a kid at Christmas again.

I'm waiting on a G30S Gen 5 MOS. I got my fingers crossed and I am almost certain 2023 will be the year. If not a 30S, a 30 will also do. My opinion is that the G30 Gen 5 will be a thin slide like the 30S and that will be the only option available. Therefore, the G30 Gen 5 will be what I want.
    My current G30S has a grip reduction, no finger grooves, and fits like a Glock. A minus connector gives me a matching trigger to a Gen 5. The only benefit the Gen 5 will have over my current is the MOS. I dont like optics on carry guns, but having the option is beneficial as well as the option to make it a lefty since I am ambidextrous. I have had damage to my right hand and my left is steadier, it would be nice to get training on the left and eventually switch over for CCW.
    I dont see a reason to have a G30 with a full size grip. What Glock should do is make the Gen 5s modular so that a G21 or 41 frame can run a G30 slide. Still, a short barrel on a full size grip is giving up power UN-necessarily. Besides, G30 magazines are more reliable with heavy rounds, like 255gr. The shorter slides move faaster and will outrun a 13 round mag. That is an issue with my G30S, 13 round mags are not reliable with hot and/or heavy ammo even with Wolff XP mag springs.
    I wonder if my KKM barrel will also work on the Gen 5, that would be a big plus. Even if the barrel is standard rifling, a 3.77" barrel is quite short for hardcast bullets. The 4.5" threaded KKM barrel makes the 30S just right, especially with a compensator.

For what it's worth, my Lipsey's rep had Gen 5 Glock 20s in the afternoon allocations email. Not listed on their site, but the Glock part number is GLPA205S203MOS. I assume the .45s cannot be far behind.

User Tag List