Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigh... G21, G30 Gen 5s?

Sigh... G21, G30 Gen 5s?

Okay, GJM's short comment in a previous thread got my attention. I've been hoping Glock would announce Gen 5 versions of their .45s.

Hope it's coming down the road...

Same.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I suspect there are even people in Georgia hoping that pistols with bigger holes get announced. Maybe they are saving announcements for SHOT 23 and 24.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've been wondering the same thing. I think if Glock would've done it, they would have by now. It seems the only reason the Gen 5 in .40 exists is because a large institutional user (Brazilian police) threw money at them to. I don't see any large institutional user offering loads of money to Glock to remake the .45 caliber Glock series in Gen 5. Then again, sometimes Glock surprises me. I thought they wouldn't jump into the micro compact 9mm market since other companies beat them for years, but they did. However, that is a gigantic share of the civilian commercial pistol market here. With 9mm being king of the hill in civilian concealed carry, LE, and military here, I don't see them recognizing a large enough market making enough noise to do it. I hope I'm wrong, cause the Glock 21 is my absolutely favorite Glock, and one of my favorite pistols period. I shoot better with it than any other handgun, even my G17 and G19s.

I still think there is something to the idea of bigger holes made by bigger, heavier bullets having some merit, especially if bone or auto glass is involved.

Institutional users aside, more states have banned mags over 10 rounds. .45 acp is a very mild cartridge to shoot in a G21 or G30, and I've actually turned in faster splits with a G30 than a G19. A gen 5 G30 would be a fine 'ban state' sidearm; I imagine they'd sell a fair number of them.

Site Supporter

Here’s to hoping

I was hoping to hear news as well after GJM’s hint. I think I saw a post about early next year on another forum. Either way, I’ll set aside funds for the Gen 5 G21/30 and also hope it’s MOS. In the meantime, I snagged a frying pan finish G21 and see what we can do.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    Institutional users aside, more states have banned mags over 10 rounds. .45 acp is a very mild cartridge to shoot in a G21 or G30, and I've actually turned in faster splits with a G30 than a G19. A gen 5 G30 would be a fine 'ban state' sidearm; I imagine they'd sell a fair number of them.
    That will be what brings back .45 GAP.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That will be what brings back .45 GAP.
    Nothing can bring back the GAP.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    Part of the problem has been the inability to get any gen 5 (or any other new) semi-auto on the California roster. We're stuck with gen 3 here at least for new retail sales. Thus the biggest 10-round market by far has been out of reach for any new release, and will be unless/until the current legal challenge plays out. With other states instituting 10-round limits, that market is now getting a little larger.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Nothing can bring back the GAP.
    We brought back the 70’s, except this generation’s Jimmy Carter is a senile Pedophile.

User Tag List