Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Sigh... G21, G30 Gen 5s?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Just fyi:

The optics cut cover on the G20.5 MOS is plastic and it only came with one factory optic plate, the 06 plate rather than the usual “plate pack.”

It also only came with the two beaver tail style back straps rather than the pack of two beaver tails and two non beavertail backstraps.
    This is exactly how my G47 arrived as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DEG View Post
    This is exactly how my G47 arrived as well.
    That's the standard now for the G47,G20.5,G21.5. Mainly because 90% of the end users use the 02 and 06 plate respectively. Additional plates are available on the Glock website.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HTM View Post
    That's the standard now for the G47,G20.5,G21.5. Mainly because 90% of the end users use the 02 and 06 plate respectively. Additional plates are available on the Glock website.
    Or because anyone who knows better doesn’t use the Glock plates.

Just fyi:

The optics cut cover on the G20.5 MOS is plastic and it only came with one factory optic plate, the 06 plate rather than the usual “plate pack.”

It also only came with the two beaver tail style back straps rather than the pack of two beaver tails and two non beavertail backstraps.
    That’s disappointing to me. I wouldn’t be using an optic on the G21 (at least, initially), so would prefer a steel plate.

Not to fear, though. Glock will introduce a non-MOS G21 Gen 5 about 30 days after I were to buy the MOS version…

90% of the problems are caused by poor installation and or incorrect optic screws. Not the plates. I've run 10's of thousands of rounds with stock plates with no issue. That said my preference is to use a higher grade M3 6mm plate screw.

I received my G21 Gen 5 yesterday. So far it's, well... a Gen 5 except large frame and big bore. I like it so far but I probably won't get to shoot it till next weekend. This is the first MOS Glock I've bought that has the plastic placeholder for the MOS mounting system, and it didn't come with the array of mounting plates. I don't plan on considering a red dot for this pistol till I've run it through it's paces anyway.

I doubt I'll experience any teething issues, as the Gen 5's in general (including the .40's) seem to have nailed it from the get-go, but we'll see. I don't take it as a given.

Unless I am remembering incorrectly, SoCalDeputy indicated a preference for the OEM plate over CHPWS, due to a larger screw holding the optic. I shot a Delta Point on multiple CO pistols with good results, over many rounds, using the OEM plates.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Can someone mic the width of their slide? I’d like to compare it to my 27.5, just curiosity.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Unless I am remembering incorrectly, SoCalDeputy indicated a preference for the OEM plate over CHPWS, due to a larger screw holding the optic. I shot a Delta Point on multiple CO pistols with good results, over many rounds, using the OEM plates.
    Both are inferior to FCD and some other options coming soon*

I killed a DPP on the factory plate.

Both are inferior to FCD and some other options coming soon*

I killed a DPP on the factory plate.
    That brings back memories, when my wife and I broke 32 +/- Delta Point Pros and we were obsessing over whether direct milled better protected the optic!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List