Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1911 Building Resources

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    You also get an education and could build many more 1911s with that knowledge.
    Honestly, if I had that sort of time and money, I'd just go to gunsmithing school and set myself up for a possible post-retirement sort of job.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Springing for a couple of months of Hilton Yam’s Patreon might be a decent investment. I was planning on taking one of his online/zoom 2011 armorer’s courses this winter, but it looks like he’s moved that content to patreon so I might do that instead. I’ll let y’all know if I end up doing that.

https://www.patreon.com/108Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Honestly, if I had that sort of time and money, I'd just go to gunsmithing school and set myself up for a possible post-retirement sort of job.
    https://gunsmithing.nra.org/

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Man, those are all cool and all - but at ~4-6k without lodging, food, or travel you're looking at it being 8-10k to build one gun. I love 1911s, but 8-10k gets you into full house Jason Burton territory.
    $6k for a capability, though, which is a lifetime of guns. Plus, at least speaking for Gunsite, a very pleasantly spent week.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Just looked at the Gunsite Gish class. Sold out, but that is absolutely the way to do it.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List