Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another one!

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    A friend was an Air Force military policeman when the issue pistol was the 1911. He told me that one base's station had a clearing barrel where each guy dry fired his weapon in a barrel of sand at the end of shift. Attached to the barrel was an empty mag painted orange. Procedure required using this mag to lock back the slide, inspect chamber, let slide go for award, and pull trigger with pistol pointing into sand barrel.
    And I bet people still put bullets into the clearing barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    And I bet people still put bullets into the clearing barrel.
    This probably says something about my view of most humans, but my immediate thought was that some Private would eventually load a single round in the orange mag for funsies.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Site Supporter
    A friend of mine who recently retired from the Army in a CoIntel billet, but having spent time in Infantry and ADA battalions, was of the opinion that the reason so many NDs happened in the Army was because the Army trained Soldiers to believe their weapons were unloaded all the time...You know, to reduce accidents.

pat

User Tag List