Thread: How they make food look good in advertisements

How they make food look good in advertisements

I thought this was interesting. They don't reveal how they make burgers look so good though.

Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I’ve never seen it done but I’ve heard burgers are raw but sprayed with wax for photos. There’s probably more too it.

At my old job at the gas station we had product photos taken one time. We had to constantly spray the parking lot asphalt with water to make it look darker.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I've seen a few clips like that. The one where they use motor oil to portray syrup is a favorite- it doesn't soak into the flapjacks.
    Or using a clothes steamer on a painted raw turkey to make the bit they're about to carve look cooked and juicy.
    Or the ever popular use of Elmer's glue instead of milk for cereal.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Interesting, but I would prefer to watch a video demonstrating how they make some female models in bikinis look so damn perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I saw a special on TV quite some time ago, many many years about how they made the hamburgers look so good.

Similar to the initial post, they used glue instead of mayonnaise. Those little drops of water you see on the tomatoes are actually glycerin that is put on drop by drop by a skilled artist. I forget all the rest but it is definitely not what you get from a restaurant. Maybe things have changed since then based upon that video from McDonald's.

User Tag List