Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bed side gun

USP Tactical 9mm with Tac light. Need to get a standard rail Tac light then it will be my 5" M&P 9mm 2.0. It is stupid accurate and easy to shoot making it a better middle of the night option once I get it set up. More serious options near by in the safe.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Beretta 92X RDO Full Size FR/TLR-1HL combo.

A photo of Mas Ayoob's 92 with the weapon light and extended barrel actually planted the seed a long time ago.
    "The Gun Digest Book of Combat Handgunnery, 6th Edition," page 193.

Mr. Ayoob, you influence more people than you might realize... and sometimes those people can be pretty slow on the uptake.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

G17 G4 housed in MCK2 with PA Microdot
    TLR HL
    HST 147

SD9VE with Apex Trigger Kit
    TLR HL
    HST 147

If i have time, out comes the rifle with some Peltor ears.
    MCK turns the Glock into a nice, compact, maneuverable PDW. With the new charging handle, (not the shitty plastic one they used to use) it has been 100% with over 2300+ rounds. I just don't look forward to cleaning it afterwards... 😑

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    G17 G4 housed in MCK2 with PA Microdot
    TLR HL
    HST 147

SD9VE with Apex Trigger Kit
    TLR HL
    HST 147

If i have time, out comes the rifle with some Peltor ears.
    MCK turns the Glock into a nice, compact, maneuverable PDW. With the new charging handle, (not the shitty plastic one they used to use) it has been 100% with over 2300+ rounds. I just don't look forward to cleaning it afterwards... 😑
    I had a latest gen MCK with a Glock in it for my wife for a few months a year or two ago before I just ditched braced stuff altogether. I found the zero shifted significantly upon disassembly, the charging handle broke twice, but it was handy...

Site Supporter
    M&P40 1.0 with TLR-1 and loaded with 180-grain HST. I've also got a Surefire 6P with a Malkoff head next to it. I have lamps with low-wattage bulbs in the rooms with outside doors in them, and the lamps stay on all night. That's plenty of light to establish that it's not my daughter or grandson, and the TLR-1 provides plenty of "bounce" from low ready anywhere else in my small house for PID.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I had a latest gen MCK with a Glock in it for my wife for a few months a year or two ago before I just ditched braced stuff altogether. I found the zero shifted significantly upon disassembly, the charging handle broke twice, but it was handy...
    Yeah, the one they used to use which had "teeth" to engage the serrations on the slide would wear down after about 100 rounds and the reliability went to shit. The new charging handle utilizes the backplate slot that's easy to remove as it's spring loaded. I just hate cleaning the damn thing cause it gets FILTHY after firing. Apparently the MCK3 corrected that.

I use a 3 moa PA red dot because of the shift. With the dot, it's still plenty accurate and there is no noticeable shift that I can see/feel. With BUIS on the other hand, while the shift isn't bad it was def noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    "The Gun Digest Book of Combat Handgunnery, 6th Edition," page 193.

Mr. Ayoob, you influence more people than you might realize... and sometimes those people can be pretty slow on the uptake.
    See mine was, "The Gun Digest Book of Combat Handgunnery, 4th Edition" by Chuck Taylor. Mr. Taylor's preference for the 1911 influenced me. In particular a Series 70 wearing an early Surefire weaponlight on page 139. And then all the great holsters towards the end of the book.

That really was a great book and as a 13-year old kid, I learned A LOT from it. It included some valuable bits and bobs on things like seeking proper training and improvisation.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    M&P40 1.0 with TLR-1 and loaded with 180-grain HST. I've also got a Surefire 6P with a Malkoff head next to it. I have lamps with low-wattage bulbs in the rooms with outside doors in them, and the lamps stay on all night. That's plenty of light to establish that it's not my daughter or grandson, and the TLR-1 provides plenty of "bounce" from low ready anywhere else in my small house for PID.
    The first Gen M&P40 always surprises me with how good it is when I take it out to shoot. They got that caliber M&P right on the first pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    The first Gen M&P40 always surprises me with how good it is when I take it out to shoot. They got that caliber M&P right on the first pass.
    ...and the .45.

I keep an HK USP .45 full size by the bed loaded with 230gr std pressure HST's, with a Polish FB Radom Beryl AK in 5.56 loaded with 20 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 62gr .223 nearby in case I have enough time to get to it. I may be switching to a Daniel Defense M4v9 for that role if it passes the vetting process, but I do love that Beryl so much I got a second one. NATO AKs are just fun.

(Online pic but set up about like this)
    Name:  beryl kit out.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  85.7 KB

User Tag List