Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bed side gun

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    VP9 OR w/ ACRO P-1, Aimpoint plate (because steel), 20rd mag (plus several spares), and a TLR-1 HL. I'm working on my P30 at the moment, and since they use the same mags, the VP9 works for now. Not really a fan of the TLR-1 switchology though, so probably switching back to a u-boat. Also have an 11-87 (1301 for the poors) nearby with Hornady 00 (#86240). Also a set of Peltor Tactical Sport electronic muffs nearby if there's time and opportunity.

Attachment 97250
    Yep I have Peltors in the safe with the AR. I have the pistol on the nightstand to just grab and for general bumps in the night but if I have time I grabbing electronic ear pro and the rifle.

Site Supporter
    Glock 34 Gen 5, Surefire X300U, and Aimpoint ACRO P2.

ETA: Just curious - what is that thumb device you have there to the right of the slide stop?

Is that a thumb safety?
    God Bless,

Brandon

My "bedside" gun is the same one I carry all day, and is in the holster next to the pants I took off and left on the floor next to the bed. If I wanted something bigger, it would have a 12 on its side, or a mag of 5.56 in it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My "bedside" gun is the same one I carry all day, and is in the holster next to the pants I took off and left on the floor next to the bed. If I wanted something bigger, it would have a 12 on its side, or a mag of 5.56 in it.
    This is the same for me. It goes out of a holster into a bedside safe. Comes out of the safe, goes into the holster, rinse, repeat, etc.

Batteries on everything are replaced at 90 day intervals.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Glock 34 Gen 5, Surefire X300U, and Aimpoint ACRO P2.

ETA: Just curious - what is that thumb device you have there to the right of the slide stop?

Is that a thumb safety?
    Yes,it's a Cominolli manual safety. Im a fan of safety's on guns i might have to grab in the middle of the night....in the dark

Home or hotel?

Usually what I’ve been carrying that day: a 19MOS with ACRO and TLR8G mounted, standard 15 round mag. Not traveling as much these years, but if I’m in a rented room, I usually clear the chamber but have full mag inserted. If I were to dedicate a gun to the bedroom, it would probably be a G19 or G45 with an optic and a high lumen light(2 batteries, laser if available=TLR2). I like the idea of the larger mag, and a immediate release safe.
    During the summer of mostly peaceful protests, a Colt 6920 with a dot and light was in the corner, chamber empty, 28 rounds in mag. But a pistol, loaded, was at hand.

Mine is an HK P30 V1 (LEM) with 124gr Golden Saber

Picked a P30 up after learning a little bit on here. I live in a very low crime area and feel comfortable with this set up. I do not have a weapon mounted light and instead have a Fenix PD35 on the nightstand as well.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Beretta 1301 Tactical with a light and 00 buck

While I generally use what I'm carrying at the time (and this year's concentration is on my Ruger P89 and Glock G19 with Leupold's DeltaPoint Micro), my recommendation to most is to use not only what you're comfortable and competent with, but with what works with you before you're at full alertness. Accordingly, I'm more inclined towards a DA/SA, double action revolver, DAO or LEM than SFA.

Combinations that I have are my Beretta 92D with Trijicon night sights (green front, yellow tritiums rear), HK P30L LEM with Meprolight green/green tritiums, Ruger Security Six and a cocked-and-locked 1911.

I always have a tactical flashlight independent of the gun on the nightstand, and a tanker-style holster, giving me a holster to easily don and secure the pistol with jammies. A stable and easily donned set of sandals is on the floor, and cell phone nearby so I can access quickly. Keys are also nearby, if needed to pass to responders.

I also have a second gun handy to pass to my wife if necessary-one that is simple to operate.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

The two German shepherds sleeping in the bedroom have some influence on what I have on the night stand.

I usually have my EDC (a 1911 of some flavor) on the night stand along with a handheld light.
    There is an AR in the safe with an empty chamber but a magazine inserted.

User Tag List