Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bed side gun

Bed side gun

Curious what you guys are using for your primary home defense pistol. And has that evolved as the threat has evolved ? In the Philly area we are seeing more and more home invasions with multiple bad guys. Given time and the right circumstance I would prefer to grab my Tavor but i don't feel under armed with this set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

For the few years, my bedside pistol is a stock Glock 45 9mm with Ameriglo nightsights. I keep a white light on the gun. The weapon light was a Streamlight TLR-7A, but that got pulled for another project. It’s currently my old Surefire X300U.

I use the standard 17 rd magazine. I keep the chamber empty on my bedside gun. I prefer to take the extra couple of seconds to full wake up while grabbing this pistol. The empty chamber for my bed side gun is a carryover from when my kids were little. They’re long since grown and gone, but old habits die hard.

I also keep a hand held light next to the pistol.

I currently live in a nicer apartment that’s more like an Air B&B. Low threat environment. If/when I move and the perceived threat is a bit higher then a long gun would get added to what’s available bedside.

Beretta 92 w/ Crimson Trace laser grips, 20 rnd mags, and after doing two idpa night matches w/ a weapon mounted light, the bedroom guns (one for each of us) both got lights.

My bedside handgun is just my carry/duty gun: G19.5 MOS with RMR and TLR-7A in the same JMCK holster I carry it in. I just swap the flush fitting 15 round mag for a 24 round mag. When the gun is on bedside duty, I dim the brightness of the RMR by one or two clicks since the sun has either set or is close to setting and even with lights on inside the house the dot is clearly visible at setting 5 of 8.

Quite often, there’s also a Beretta 1301 next to the bed as well. It’s loaded with 4 rounds of buck in the tube with 1 on the lifter and a sidesaddle containing 6 more rounds of buck. It’s got a Streamlight TLR-1 mounted while I figure out a better WML option.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Mine has evolved over the years. For right now it is an Elite LTT 92 with TLR-1HL at bedside. My wife has an M&P M2.0 9mm. Then in the safe I have a CZ Scorpion staged.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    For the few years, my bedside pistol is a stock Glock 45 9mm with Ameriglo nightsights. I keep a white light on the gun. The weapon light was a Streamlight TLR-7A, but that got pulled for another project. It’s currently my old Surefire X300U.

I use the standard 17 rd magazine. I keep the chamber empty on my bedside gun. I prefer to take the extra couple of seconds to full wake up while grabbing this pistol. The empty chamber for my bed side gun is a carryover from when my kids were little. They’re long since grown and gone, but old habits die hard.

I also keep a hand held light next to the pistol.

I currently live in a nicer apartment that’s more like an Air B&B. Low threat environment. If/when I move and the perceived threat is a bit higher then a long gun would get added to what’s available bedside.
    Almost exactly the same. G17, (chambered round), with Triicon HD and Streamlight. (In a rig that covers the trigger, but which it slips out of easily.) Handheld light alongside.

Long guns remain locked up, but in ready condition.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Vending Machine Operator
    17 Gen 5 MOS. While usually I've used it with a TLR-1HL, in the last year or so I've come to appreciate the value of a flashlight independent of the gun so lately I have it with no attachments and a Surefire 6PX Tactical next to it. Prior 3-4 year was 17 Gen 4. Been using 147-grain standard pressure HST for about 6 years now. I do keep it chambered but it's in a leather thumb-snap holster to prevent any sleepy fumbling accidents.

I've got my Daniel Defense AR and Mossberg 590A1 if I have some decent amount of forewarning, but the 17 is what I shoot most and best so that's the default low-warning pistol. My old nightstand 17 Gen 4 is my office pistol now, again for that familiarity.

I will probably eventually put a Holosun 508/509 or Trijicon RMR on the Gen 5 MOS.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 11-16-2022 at 11:28 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Lately, just my carry gun (PX4CC with the stock Ameriglos or PX4 full size with adjustable fiber optic) and my Streanlight handheld. That's right on the nightstand, with an AR in a bedroom safe across the room. I shoot pistol far more often than rifle.

VP9 OR w/ ACRO P-1, Aimpoint plate (because steel), 20rd mag (plus several spares), and a TLR-1 HL. I'm working on my P30 at the moment, and since they use the same mags, the VP9 works for now. Not really a fan of the TLR-1 switchology though, so probably switching back to a u-boat. Also have an 11-87 (1301 for the poors) nearby with Hornady 00 (#86240). Also a set of Peltor Tactical Sport electronic muffs nearby if there's time and opportunity.

Name:  DSC_0105_tn.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  47.4 KB

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Beretta 92X RDO Full Size FR/TLR-1HL combo.

A photo of Mas Ayoob's 92 with the weapon light and extended barrel actually planted the seed a long time ago.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

User Tag List