Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig P365X Macro barrel length, why 3.1"?

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Just sayin...
    A PMM comped XL, IMHO any way,
    works pretty well.
    What holsters?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What holsters?
    Glock 17 holster, heat + foam padding + vise.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Just sayin...
    A PMM comped XL, IMHO any way,
    works pretty well.
    Doubt any problems with 8" plates at 30
    (At least with my sample of one)
    with a little more velocity and a little less
    recoil for an additional .5" length.
    I know people love the PMM stuff, but I’ve found better accuracy and longer barrel and softer shooting with the True barrels plus Armory Craft compensators.

Here is an XL threaded True barrel with a Glock 22 barrel for reference (it’s longer than a G19).

Name:  2AF71B55-5609-4340-B6AF-92B79179DB83.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  68.3 KB

It also shoots very softly.

Site Supporter
    JM 2.0 & 2.5, back off the retention a little then slow heat with a heat gun to the inward curled muzzle end, closely watch and once you see the kydex change slightly in appearance, slowly push the gun through, allow to cool then adjust / check retention maybe a little more heat etc.
    Slow and easy, fitment is 100%, the edge of the holster stops just before the port 1/2 way point with about .25" extending beyond the kydex, appearance and fitment is as though it was manufactured as such.
    Pretty much a 4" slim line carried with a MM pillow 12 -14 hrs a day 7 days a week.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I know people love the PMM stuff, but I’ve found better accuracy and longer barrel and softer shooting with the True barrels plus Armory Craft compensators.

Here is an XL threaded True barrel with a Glock 22 barrel for reference (it’s longer than a G19).

Name:  2AF71B55-5609-4340-B6AF-92B79179DB83.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  68.3 KB

It also shoots very softly.

I hear ya on the TP barrel, I have one in another XL, in part by your recommendation and have found it to be quite accurate.
    I haven't tried the AC comp but have little doubt about its effectiveness but don't think it would suit me for daily carry.
    You guys are certainly in a different shooters league than myself (maybe I could load your mags) but I find the PM barrel to be at least as accurate as the Sig barrel, this set up has been 100% reliable with everything I've run and magguts mags while only adding .5" length.
    I've found little poa poi variance, the Sig barrels mine anyway seem to shoot 147gr hst a couple inches high right from 124gr,
    With the PM barrel the 147s poi is just a hair right, 3 clicks on the 407K to zero.
    Again just my sample of one but when Wilson comes out with a Macro module, I'm putting a JTTC XL slide on one.

Question: is there such a thing as an aftermarket P365 3.7" barrel that's ported to work with the comp slide?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemonday View Post
    Question: is there such a thing as an aftermarket P365 3.7" barrel that's ported to work with the comp slide?
    If by comp slide you mean the Macro / Spectre Comp slide then no. The way the slide is set up is that a longer barrel can’t pass through the muzzle properly (I had that idea because I have a ported XL barrel).

User Tag List