Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver while running

Site Supporter
    I used to run 5 miles before my knees got bad. Before picking the gun, the more of carry should be selected.

For me, a fannyoack with the strap tightly adjusted so the pack did not bounce worked best.

If that choice works for her, think about a subcompact 9mm or .380. A little weight will not be uncomfortable if it is centered in front of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The 43C trigger responds well to an Apex kit so long as you put the extended firing pin in the gun
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    This is good news as I have an extra Apex kit lying around. But will the extended firing pin in that kit work in a rimfire gun?
    Yes it will. I have an Apex firing pin in my 317
    I consider this as good news... Any ammo sensitivity?

For the OP, know that the 43c has an aluminum cylinder and only weighs 11.5oz, compared to 14.9oz for the LCR, might be a significant difference when running.

*citation needed
    The reasoning I see most people use for the 22 is that they are relying on the oh shit I’ve been shot reaction, the 22 has less of a chance of getting that reaction

Much smaller diameter

Much less noise, especially when pressed against a person

Much less gas and flame

In the OPs situation his wife is running at prime crackhead and meth head times
    Those peoples perceptions are already altered, a round that actually lets them know they’ve been shot AND has a much better chance of ending the attack by either death or incapacitation just seems like common sense

Fwiw my wife runs with a shield. Lighter than her 2" m15.
    Name:  IMG_20221115_140010.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  30.3 KB
    I switched to a g19 in my fanny pack due to sweating. The hpg fanny packs are not sweat/water proof. My 2"m10 carries great in it but on long hot runs my sweat would drip down inside the gun. Even my Glock rusts.

If you're not sweating enough to sweat through the pack than any gun should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    The reasoning I see most people use for the 22 is that they are relying on the oh shit I’ve been shot reaction, the 22 has less of a chance of getting that reaction

Much smaller diameter

Much less noise, especially when pressed against a person

Much less gas and flame

In the OPs situation his wife is running at prime crackhead and meth head times
    Those peoples perceptions are already altered, a round that actually lets them know they’ve been shot AND has a much better chance of ending the attack by either death or incapacitation just seems like common sense
    I work in rehab/recovery. Meth and crack users are usually up real late but they're not usually up at prime early morning running time.

@Coal Train

More bad ideas in suboptimal calibers…

Name:  562BC082-14E8-4118-829F-4175CFC2B461.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  103.9 KB

Here compared to an LCP

Name:  2EC9862B-DB7D-417B-8FBB-6FD6F6B82744.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  101.4 KB

The reasoning I see most people use for the 22 is that they are relying on the oh shit I’ve been shot reaction
    Most people I see who carry a 22LR are relying on the round to penetrate and be easy to get rapid, multiple hits on target. I guess we have different friend groups

I don't run much these days, but when I did I found that an Airlite with Hip-Grip+T-grip works well AIWB as long as you have a drawstring.

Get a light weight 38 or 32 with low recoiling ammo….the 22 for a get off me gun is a horrible idea especially for a woman out running alone
    I've wondered about how contact shots from .22WMR would fair compared to .38 Special wadcutters or JHP. S&W 351C might just be a really cool get-off-me gun.

My 21 year old grand daughter runs with a Glock 43 in an Phlster Enigma. She says it is comfortable.

The Enigmas seem to have a lot of people who like them.

I have a 43c and an LCR 22. Trigger pulls are about equal to me for weight of pull. I've shot a lot of revolver though, so I'm used to the long trigger pull.

I recently got an LCP II 22. It's been 100% with some brands of ammo but not all. I got a Galloway spring kit but it's not installed. It's crazy easy to shoot. I can get a high percentage of hits on my 50 yard steel.

For a revolver, maybe a J-Frame or LCR in 38 special with wadcutters. Trigger pull will depend on the individual gun. If she can do okay with the trigger in an LCR 327, the recoil with 32 S&W longs will be pretty easy. I found 32 wadcutters online the other day.

User Tag List