Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver while running

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Holy shit someone actually has a View
    So when are those coming back? Might actually be pretty cool as an 8 shot 22.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    if I have a 317 she might like that
    I missed the edit window, but meant to say that I want a 317, just for fun. If she were to like it also that is bonus.

Site Supporter
    And you are exactly right.
    But in my case I have an unmotivated person that can shoot pretty well, but doesn't give a shit. She likes the 617, if I have a 317 she might like that, and if she ever changed her mind about the need equation it would be nice to have something handy.

A few years ago we went from OH-MS and back (to go get the dog), at a time when every metropolitan area we would pass through had experienced mostly peaceful protests and things were still all covid wacky. I didn't ask her if she wanted me to bring a gun for her, but I put some 38s in the SP101 and let her watch me put it in the console.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Those situations are tough because you not only need the gun but a workable carry system. Circumstances which might motivate her to carry tend to arise quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I run about 4-5 miles a day, almost every day. For years I used a fanny pack to carry a J frame while running, until the Enigma came into my life. I now greatly prefer the Enigma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@Duelist makes some good points. I have a G42 that I often mountain bike with; as noted: light, flat, and easy to shoot/get hits with. FWIW.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

And once again, this www site gives me the wantsies for something...
    Actually just renewed my wantsies, cause I already wanted a 317, but now you ( @jetfire ) tell me that they work with the Apex kit, so now I want one more. Oh well, already bought the grips I want for it...
    One note re: the Apex kit in rimfire j-frames. Once the extended firing pin is installed you absolutely cannot dry fire the gun.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    It is the only center fire pistol my wife will shoot
    At least there is one CF pistol she will shoot. When someone concludes - rightly or wrongly - that they can't handle anything but a .22LR, things drop to a whole 'nuther level.

My wife sincerely tried to master the revolver but eventually gave it up, leaving the field to the bottom-feeders (without going into detail, she has some physical issues that contributed to this). I happen to believe in the small revolver loaded with .38 Specials for situations similar to what the OP outlines, but it is not going to happen for my wife. I have not always been the tactful, patient husband that I would like to be during her defensive firearm journey; in the end, I concluded that SHE had to like it, SHE had to be safe and competent with it, and SHE had to make the mature decisions that will have consequences.

There have been what I consider sincere attempts to develop semiautos for people who have physical limitations or tolerance issues, the just-released S&W 9mm being the latest. Aside from the initial development of the Ruger LCR, not much similar effort has been pursued on the DA revolver side. A pity, that.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    There have been what I consider sincere attempts to develop semiautos for people who have physical limitations or tolerance issues, the just-released S&W 9mm being the latest. Aside from the initial development of the Ruger LCR, not much similar effort has been pursued on the DA revolver side. A pity, that.
    I thought the 380 ACP Taurus revolver was brilliant and very good for a low recoiling light weight revolver.

But market demand is what market demand and it fell by the wayside.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I thought the 380 ACP Taurus revolver was brilliant and very good for a low recoiling light weight revolver.

But market demand is what market demand and it fell by the wayside.
    I had completely forgotten about that offering.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    My 21 year old grand daughter runs with a Glock 43 in an Phlster Enigma. She says it is comfortable.

The Enigmas seem to have a lot of people who like them.
    I asked my grand daughter how her Enigma was doing for running. She does 10K runs and said she forgets she is wearing it. She leaves the leg loop a little loose for running. She carries a Glock 43. She's 5' 8" and 135#.

@Coal Train Could you list what guns she has tried? What weight would she settle for.

Maybe try the 342 with hand filling grips with medical tape wrapped around the grips like Lost River did. I think S&B are the lightest factory load for wadcutters. She might not want to practice a lot, but something that she would carry and dry fire is better than nothing.

User Tag List