Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Pump Shotgun Weapon Lights: I hate them all

Digging around the Choate website for info on something else, I ran across this: Remington 870 12 Gauge Forend w/Picatinny Rail

Choate introduces its new line of Picatinny rail forends. If you are looking for a less expensive solution to making your shotgun a tactical entry or home defense weapon, then we have the forend for you. Our forend kit includes a forend with pre-drilled holes and a 1-1/2 inch piece of picatinny rail. To attach our rail at 3-6-9 o’clock position, you simply use a Phillips head screwdriver and screw in 4 screws (provided). It accepts all tactical light mounts that fit on 1913 picatinny style rails. This includes Surefire, Streamlight, Pelican, Pentagon and Glock lights. Weight- 3 1/2 oz
    I'm not sure it addresses any of the complaints already brought up about existing light mounts bit it might be a ready-out-of-the-box option?

Name:  choate 870 pic rail forearm.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  18.9 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Pump Shotgun Weapon Lights: I hate them all

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Short update. This is where I currently am. A Magpul forend, their cantilever MLok->PIC and a TLR1.
    I used to run the TLR-1 on all of my long guns, as well as pistols. Obviously there were exceptions, like the LaserMax weapon light on my J-frame because I can’t use a TLR-1. I also have two old Insight lights that I put on guns I rarely use (.22 AR and my SBR PSA AK-P), but wanted a light on them. Doesn’t tie up a Streamlight.

I had one on my TAC-14…

First/only failure on the about 8 TLR-1s that I own. It was on that TAC-14 from Jump St. I didn’t keep track of round counts when I first started shooting it, but only fired Remington 00 low recoil, Slugger and a few Slugger low recoil (POI was too far off, stuck with the regular Slugger that shot POA). Low end… 100 rounds combined. High end… 200 rounds combined.

Could it have been a bad part? Of course. But only other thing I could attribute it to is the 12 Gauge recoil.

How it was mounted… was my first iteration of the gun with no brace and OEM barrel, but it stayed in that position since. The fingerstops have been off it for some time.

Streamlight warrantied it and I put it on another long gun. Put an Inforce WML on the TAC-14 and a WMLx on my 20” 870P. TAC-14 has been Formed 1 into a SBS, and awaiting its return from refinishing (will go out for engraving once home).

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Digging around the Choate website for info on something else, I ran across this: Remington 870 12 Gauge Forend w/Picatinny Rail

I'm not sure it addresses any of the complaints already brought up about existing light mounts bit it might be a ready-out-of-the-box option?

Name:  choate 870 pic rail forearm.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  18.9 KB
    That is a massively inelegant solution. It would probably work for attaching scout lights though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I used to run the TLR-1 on all of my long guns, as well as pistols. Obviously there were exceptions, like the LaserMax weapon light on my J-frame because I can’t use a TLR-1. I also have two old Insight lights that I put on guns I rarely use (.22 AR and my SBR PSA AK-P), but wanted a light on them. Doesn’t tie up a Streamlight.

I had one on my TAC-14…

First/only failure on the about 8 TLR-1s that I own. It was on that TAC-14 from Jump St. I didn’t keep track of round counts when I first started shooting it, but only fired Remington 00 low recoil, Slugger and a few Slugger low recoil (POI was too far off, stuck with the regular Slugger that shot POA). Low end… 100 rounds combined. High end… 200 rounds combined.

Could it have been a bad part? Of course. But only other thing I could attribute it to is the 12 Gauge recoil.

How it was mounted… was my first iteration of the gun with no brace and OEM barrel, but it stayed in that position since. The fingerstops have been off it for some time.

Streamlight warrantied it and I put it on another long gun. Put an Inforce WML on the TAC-14 and a WMLx on my 20” 870P. TAC-14 has been Formed 1 into a SBS, and awaiting its return from refinishing (will go out for engraving once home).
    That is exactly what happened to the TLR1 I had mounted on a Tac14 identically.

It probably had about 7 years and 500 rounds on it during that time so I dont feel too bad about it. It was also a 200 lumen model and ready to get replaced with something brighter.

I replaced it with a Nightstick TLR1 equivalent due to getting a smoking deal.
    We’ll see how the nightstick holds up.
    I dont shoot that gun much anymore so I dont know how much testing it will get.

Quote Originally Posted by diananike View Post
    That is exactly what happened to the TLR1 I had mounted on a Tac14 with the streamlight mag cap ring mount.

It probably had about 7 years and 500 rounds on it during that time so I dont feel too bad about it. It was also a 200 lumen model and ready to get replaced with something brighter.

I replaced it with a Nightstick TLR1 equivalent due to getting a smoking deal.
    We’ll see how the nightstick holds up.
    I dont shoot that gun much anymore so I dont know how much testing it will get.

Brinyte XP22 flashlight is an interesting concept. Low profile, 1300 lumens, ambidextrous if placed at the bottom. Good reviews on Amazon. No idea about reliability and built in battery is a no go for me. But concept looks interesting.

User Tag List