Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Karl Sokol, RIP

Oh no. I was going to reach out to Karl on Monday about a Model 64 I sent him earlier this year. Condolences to his family .

I had contacted Karl after Pinnacle Performance had gone dark and he was very gracious and responsive. RIP.

Karl built a number of special guns for me over the course of our 25 year friendship.

This one’s serial number is my son’s initials plus birth date.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Oh no. I was going to reach out to Karl on Monday about a Model 64 I sent him earlier this year. Condolences to his family .

I had contacted Karl after Pinnacle Performance had gone dark and he was very gracious and responsive. RIP.
    Fwiw I was told that a gunsmith or ffl from Maine was going to help clear up the guns on the books.

This is a shame. Mr. Sokol tuned up a Model 29-2 that my father gave me.

RIP, sir.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I had him shorten and rethread a vent rib 870 barrel years ago, he was a great guy to deal with.

Karl Sokol passed away???

This is so sad, it's been posted elsewhere that Karl Sokol passed away! He was such a kind and knowledgable man – what a loss!

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Nature's first green is gold,
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leaf's a flower;
    But only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn goes down to day
    Nothing gold can stay.
    - Robert Frost

I missed this and posted in Gen Discussion. What a loss – he was great on the phone and did outstanding work on my BHP. Unbelievable… 😔😔😔

This is a real loss to us all.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

VERY sad to hear this. He was one of the greats.

User Tag List