Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New CZ model?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    I shot Limited and was allowed to have it cocked with the safety on.
    Yes, but in Production or CO where a 9mm is more competitive, it has to start hammer down.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Actually, if you use a decocker it is legal
    to holster and start in whatever condition that leaves the gun in.

If you manually lower the hammer for Production or CO, it has to be fully down (which is dumb IMO).
    Really? I'm sure you're right, but I was reading the rule book and talking about this with a few people at at a match last month and everyone thought it was fully decocked only, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Really? I'm sure you're right, but I was reading the rule book and talking about this with a few people at at a match last month and everyone thought it was fully decocked only, either way.
    Listed under the division specs for carry optics and production under special condition.

Handguns with external hammers must be fully decocked at the start signal. If a decocking lever is installed and used, the term fully decocked is the position where the hammer rests once the decocking lever has been used. Altering a factory installed decocker to bring the hammer to rest at less than a half-cocked position is not allowed.Manually decocked hammers must be fully down

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Listed under the division specs for carry optics and production under special condition.
    In that case, I apologize for spreading bad info. I guess I just assumed that's why so many competition guns used in DA come with no decocker, since on those guns the decocker drops to half cock.

When I competed more regularly I had a laminated page of the correct ruling, as it was a pervasive thought back then too that hammer must fully be down. Please do share the correct information with your club - help us decockers out!
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

In that case, I apologize for spreading bad info. I guess I just assumed that's why so many competition guns used in DA come with no decocker, since on those guns the decocker drops to half cock.
    No worries! That's what the Forum is for--figuring stuff out.

I think the main reason the S2 lacks a decocker is the mechanism is simpler, and it's easier to have a great trigger on a non-decocker CZ75 action.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

No worries! That's what the Forum is for--figuring stuff out.

I think the main reason the S2 lacks a decocker is the mechanism is simpler, and it's easier to have a great trigger on a non-decocker CZ75 action.
    I also feel shooting from half cock does have as smooth a feel to it than from fully down. At least that's my perception. Splitting hairs maybe, and I still wish there was the option on the non decock guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I also feel shooting from half cock does have as smooth a feel to it than from fully down. At least that's my perception. Splitting hairs maybe, and I still wish there was the option on the non decock guns.
    If I could start from the 1/2 cock notch with a S2, I would totally do it.

I find the P-07's DA pull noticeably better from the decock notch.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

If I could start from the 1/2 cock notch with a S2, I would totally do it.

I find the P-07's DA pull noticeably better from the decock notch.
    OK, this made me pull it out and play with it. Of course I’m talking about the Shadow 2. So, when it is at half cock the trigger is still fully forward. So you do have some take up, whereas when the Hammer is fully down you don’t have that jump.

Doing a bit of dry firing, I don’t see too much difference. The take-up isn’t really noticeable. That being said, just for the safety factor I would certainly start at half cock if allowed to.

Site Supporter

User Tag List