Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: New CZ model?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I hate having to lower the hammer on the Shadow 2, and I cringe EVERY time I do it, even after 4 or so years of shooting one. Problem though, for me, it just shoots that damn good, it’s worth it.
    This right here is what keeps bringing me back to considering moving to a Shadow 2 OR. I shoot my Berettas in Production right now and simply decocking before reholstering is a no-brainer obviously. But the ergos, trigger, and sights is what keeps me coming back and considering it.

Yeah, decocking manually skeeves me out a bit. Fortunately you can take forever and a half to prep yourself during “make ready” that if you DO rush yourself and make a loud oopsie, it’s all on you, it’s in an extremely controlled environment, and unless you’re flailing about like a mad man, the worst that’ll happen is you get DQ’d. In my mind it’s a gun that’s competition only.

I personally wouldn’t buy a Shadow/Shadow 2/TS/TSO/TS2 for anything close to approaching a “real life encounter”. If I wanted a CZ for that purpose I’d buy one with a decocker and simply drive on

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    There is the perfect meme for: Tell me you're an Aspie without telling me you're an Aspie in this thread.
    My sped teacher wife tells me I have a touch of the autiz (which I always suspected,) so I’m dying to see the meme.

I’m well adjusted, most people wouldn’t know. But she sometimes sees posts here and says “Alumni!”
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I thought they already had an orange one. What's the difference.

Maybe they thought all the P-F members wanted one.
    From a serious point the TS2 has a new frame design that closer matches the shadow 2 trigger guard and beavertail instead of the older TS frame modified with new checkering like the original TSO. The slide is also more like a shadow 2 so I found them easier to manipulate. I havent seen the TS2 orange in person but from pictures the big difference from the standard TS2 is Bull barrel, hand fit frame/slide/barrel. Aluminum Trigger, Adjustable Mag catch, Serrations on top of the slide, Thumb rest and a new safety that looks like it will be positioned better.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    This right here is what keeps bringing me back to considering moving to a Shadow 2 OR. I shoot my Berettas in Production right now and simply decocking before reholstering is a no-brainer obviously. But the ergos, trigger, and sights is what keeps me coming back and considering it.

Yeah, decocking manually skeeves me out a bit. Fortunately you can take forever and a half to prep yourself during “make ready” that if you DO rush yourself and make a loud oopsie, it’s all on you, it’s in an extremely controlled environment, and unless you’re flailing about like a mad man, the worst that’ll happen is you get DQ’d. In my mind it’s a gun that’s competition only.

I personally wouldn’t buy a Shadow/Shadow 2/TS/TSO/TS2 for anything close to approaching a “real life encounter”. If I wanted a CZ for that purpose I’d buy one with a decocker and simply drive on
    While I agree, manually lowering a hammer on a carry gun is far from ideal. However, if we were allowed to lower the hammer to half cock, it can be done in a safer manner, at least in my opinion. If I were to carry a traditional CZ, that would be the manner in which I would carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    I’m comfortable with lowering the hammer, but an SP01 Tactical would fit the bill for you, it’s what I would use in Carry Optics. Not the “latest and greatest S2” though, but a solid choice with those requirements.
    Yeah I had looked into that but it's ligther than an S2, has a different grip (it's not bad just different) doesn't have a better trigger and there isn't an optics cut. Yeah I know I could "fix" a lot of that after market, getting better trigger components in it, adding brass grips for the weight etc.

I was mainly making the joke that despite having 4000 different competition varients for every single specific niche of competition shooting somehow CZ doesn't have this one filled yet.

I came to grips years ago with the reality that what is holding me back from shooting USPSA better is me not my Glock or my gear and a S2 isn't going to help that. Hand a Ferrari to a chimp and he still isn't going to set a record lap at the Nurburgring.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Yeah I had looked into that but it's ligther than an S2, has a different grip (it's not bad just different) doesn't have a better trigger and there isn't an optics cut. Yeah I know I could "fix" a lot of that after market, getting better trigger components in it, adding brass grips for the weight etc.

I was mainly making the joke that despite having 4000 different competition varients for every single specific niche of competition shooting somehow CZ doesn't have this one filled yet.

I came to grips years ago with the reality that what is holding me back from shooting USPSA better is me not my Glock or my gear and a S2 isn't going to help that. Hand a Ferrari to a chimp and he still isn't going to set a record lap at the Nurburgring.
    Joke's on you, USPSA rules technically require the hammer to be fully lowered, and the CZ decocker only goes to half cock.

Beretta wins again :P

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Joke's on you, USPSA rules technically require the hammer to be fully lowered, and the CZ decocker only goes to half cock.

Beretta wins again :P
    Actually, if you use a decocker it is legal
    to holster and start in whatever condition that leaves the gun in.

If you manually lower the hammer for Production or CO, it has to be fully down (which is dumb IMO).
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Banned
    I’ve shot USPSA and I was allowed to have my Shadow 2 hammer cocked with the safety on when holstered…so I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    I’ve shot USPSA and I was allowed to have my Shadow 2 hammer cocked with the safety on when holstered…so I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
    Shadow 2, as all DA/SA guns, must be decocked at the beginning of a stage in two USPSA divisions in which they are used the most.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Banned
    I shot Limited and was allowed to have it cocked with the safety on.

User Tag List