Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: New CZ model?

CZ needs to sell some calming cream for all the butthurt in this thread. Then they can make money off that and selling this new TS.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    CZ needs to sell some calming cream for all the butthurt in this thread. Then they can make money off that and selling this new TS.
    We're not butthurt, just disappointed, and even a bit bored. It's like having your parents building up suspense for a HUGE!!!! SURPRISE!!!- and it's a package of white sweat socks.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

This will be a great gun for the intended consumers, which are competition shooters that like getting 95% of 2011 performance for 30% of the price. Seems like it is basically a TS2 Deep Bronze but with a bull barrel and better cocking serrations. Hopefully this gun has a better luck making it stateside in 40sw, unlike other higher end TS2 models.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

There is the perfect meme for: Tell me you're an Aspie without telling me you're an Aspie in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AJD21 View Post
    Suffice to say, if you want a competition CZ....they have something for literally everyone.
    You know the sad thing? Even with all of their models they actually don't make a compeittion gun for me. I know everyone and their mother shoots a Shadow 2 OR model in USPSA Carry Optics but I cannot get comfortable with being reqired to lower the hammer on a live round. I know it can be done safely but I also know it raises the odds of an ND from zero to some non-zero number which is unappealing to me. I'd love a Shadow 2 with a decocker instead of a safety. I know it wouldn't have as good of a trigger because of physics but I'd be ok with that. Though I seem to be the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    You know the sad thing? Even with all of their models they actually don't make a compeittion gun for me. I know everyone and their mother shoots a Shadow 2 OR model in USPSA Carry Optics but I cannot get comfortable with being reqired to lower the hammer on a live round. I know it can be done safely but I also know it raises the odds of an ND from zero to some non-zero number which is unappealing to me. I'd love a Shadow 2 with a decocker instead of a safety. I know it wouldn't have as good of a trigger because of physics but I'd be ok with that. Though I seem to be the only one.
    I hate having to lower the hammer on the Shadow 2, and I cringe EVERY time I do it, even after 4 or so years of shooting one. Problem though, for me, it just shoots that damn good, it’s worth it.

I am pretty happy with my current limited gun, but even so...

(edit) oh wow I am late to this party )
    Last edited by Artemas2; 11-15-2022 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    We're not butthurt, just disappointed, and even a bit bored. It's like having your parents building up suspense for a HUGE!!!! SURPRISE!!!- and it's a package of white sweat socks.
    Similar to Southnarc’s comment re: complaints of “drop culture”, this speaks to me in that I saw this product tease, only four days ago, and I didn’t see or expect a huge surprise (and let’s be fair, it was literally a picture of a TS and competition is part of CZ’s bread and butter.)… I can buy the bored part, sure.

But if my wife teases me with a picture of crepes and bacon and says “something’s cooking”, then why would I harbor resentment when I get home and see no kaiserschmarrn?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    There is the perfect meme for: Tell me you're an Aspie without telling me you're an Aspie in this thread.
    Please tell me more.

I’m comfortable with lowering the hammer, but an SP01 Tactical would fit the bill for you, it’s what I would use in Carry Optics. Not the “latest and greatest S2” though, but a solid choice with those requirements.

Would running in open cocked and locked be more comfortable because that’s an option.

The way I see it, as long as I have my muzzle pointed safely downrange when I’m lowering the hammer I don’t really care. If it slips off and fires downrange, then I go home and nobody gets hurt.

That being said, I’ve lowered the hammer many thousands of times without any issue.

I also do thumb it down rather than pinch it because I can block the slide with my thumb if it did go off, rather than get my fingers pinched on the side of the hammer and the slide rear.

EDIT: if the issue is safety if the gun was dropped on the hammer, then normal firing pin and normal pin spring will drastically reduce the chance of ND. It’s the extended pin and light spring that makes it decidedly not drop safe.

User Tag List