Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going rate for Winchester Large Pistol Primers (1000 ct box) ?

Going rate for Winchester Large Pistol Primers (1000 ct box) ?

There is so many fake websites not sure what the price is.
    Seen them $50.00 on shady web sites and as much as $100 on others.
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 11-11-2022 at 03:48 PM.

Quality SPP seem to be going for around $85-90/k plus hazmat.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I am not sure what the going retail rate is, but can tell you that if a site says they have them for $50 per K it's a scam. I have an ammo manufacturing license and buy primers at industry price and I pay more than that.

Primers have gone up quite a bit in the last 18 months. There have been a number of notifications from primer manufacturers to the large wholesale distributors who then advise the various smaller companies. I have yet to see one where they advise that the prices are going down.

Midway had them for $89.99/1000 recently.

After shipping and hazmat it's like $120-$130/k if you don't get anything else.

Going rate? Call it 100/1,000, on average.

Last batch of 1,000 SP I got at the LGS a few months ago was a steal at 74.99/1,000.

Today at the same store I got a few sleeves of 100, 9.99 per. Happy to find them, just loaded some more 9mm with them tonight.

Nice to not be paying hazmat/shipping, but I've had to at times.

They're the ONE thing that's not coming down in price so far.

I'd say $100/1K is probably in the right ballpark, seeing as the primer market is still en fuego.

Federal Champion 150s (LPP) were on the shelf at Scheel's (big-box Cabela's-type operation) in Wisconsin for 89.99 last month. I texted a pic to a buddy saying, "a year ago I wouldn't have believed I'd walk past those." I expected him to immediately reply, "grab 'em all for me" but he just replied "yep." I probably should have grabbed a couple, but I'm not feeling short on LPPs.

(They also had CCI SRPs at $129.99/1K, which is outrageous. Probably fair, for what they (likely) had to pay for them, but, outrageous.)

I recently paid $0.075 per shipped for 6K Fiocchi SPPs. Prior I was at $0.090 shipped for 10K Remingtons, so I thought it was a pretty good deal.

I've not seen much lower, even Argentinian primers which seem to be the cheapest side of the market.

Now in the before times, Fiocchi could've been had for about ~$0.021 per for high-ish quantities. If someone's selling for $0.05 per online, I'd say it's a scam.

Sad days.

I looked at some old notes from 2012. I was buying Win SPP for $26 per 1000. An 8# jug of Titegroup was $109. Bullets are only slightly higher.

User Tag List