Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Taffin's Book of the Double Action Revolver

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!

John Taffin's Book of the Double Action Revolver

I am not sure if this is in the right place but I thought I would give a quick shout to Mr. Taffin and his new book.

My copy just came today and I can't wait to dive in. It is very extensive and goes into detail by manufacturer and model or series.

I am heading up to the desert for some shooting this weekend and will bring the book for the down time.

Name:  Taffin_DA_Sixguns_Cover__52719.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  52.5 KB

If you like double actions, I am sure you will love this book.

Thanks for the heads-up, that promises to be an excellent read. Taffin's a great writer and shooter, I always enjoy his work.

Best, Jon

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    About 25 years ago there used to be site called Sixgunner.com. Mr. Taffin used to frequent that site and was such a nice gentleman.

It was during that time that I began to appreciate and love revolvers. He freely shared his knowledge and more importantly was patient, gracious, and kind when answering all my rookie questions.

He is a quality person and someone we can all learn from on many levels.

I did sneak in a few chapters last night before bed and is a great read so far!

Look forward to obtaining mine. I do have a couple of John's books and they are treasures nestled on my bookshelf. Lots of good reading and ruminating in his books and articles. He's at least 80 and he says this is his last book. Brian Pearce seems to be the guy that will take up the Keith/Taffin mantle.

Looking forward to this. I've just about worn out my copy of Big Bore Sixguns.

Mr. Taffin can still be found at https://singleactions.proboards.com/

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I know the old “never judge a book by its cover” thing, but it’s hard to take a book about DA revolvers seriously when the author’s on the cover shooting SA[emoji2955]

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    I know the old “never judge a book by its cover” thing, but it’s hard to take a book about DA revolvers seriously when the author’s on the cover shooting SA[emoji2955]
    How can you tell he's shooting single action?

I would submit he is shooting a DA revolver, but in SA mode.

Just a note to longtime Taffin fans...........

His latest books, Book of the .45, Book of the .44 and this one, are mostly just his earlier books and magazine articles republished in a new edition. Really nothing new here at all. If you're new to the author they're a good resource. If you're a longtime fan like me, they're a waste of money. I was disappointed.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I would submit he is shooting a DA revolver, but in SA mode.
    Early Smith & Wesson hand ejector, I'm guessing it's a 44 Spl. Appears to be a nickle finish. The pic doesn't blow up well.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

User Tag List