Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Precision Introduces New Press

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    The 6000 is pricier than I was expecting...
    MSRP on the Lee website is $500 for the press with dies and powder measure. Places like Graf and Sons and Midsouth Shooter’s Supply have the press with dies for a bit north of $300. The press without dies, shell plate or powder measure is about $240.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I saw that and it looks like most places are out of the 9mm kit but have the 9mm plate available so that’s an option.

And it turns out it’s a Classic Turret waiting to be set up not a 1000. Durrr….
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Classic Turret
    That's a decent press. Kind of slow but not terrible in this regard. Easy to step up and operate. Pretty versatile too.

I’m pretty sure “easy” is why I got it but a progressive sure is sexy to watch when it’s on point.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Thanks for posting the videos Tokarev and awp.

I've been running a Dillon 550 for about 30 years now and have only used it for 9mm the past 10 years (my predominate shooting cartridge) and use a Lee single stage for my .38/.357 and .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R Mag.

I've been shooting a lot more .38 spl the past 18 months as I've acquired a Model 10, a Model 15, and a Model 66... and I'm probably gonna wear out my .38 LCR as I shoot it weekly since it's my daily pocket or 2nd gun.

This might well be a viable option to set up as a .38 spl Press.

Just gotta work my fixed income retired old man budget just right...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Thanks for posting the videos Tokarev and awp.

I've been running a Dillon 550 for about 30 years now and have only used it for 9mm the past 10 years (my predominate shooting cartridge) and use a Lee single stage for my .38/.357 and .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R Mag.

I've been shooting a lot more .38 spl the past 18 months as I've acquired a Model 10, a Model 15, and a Model 66... and I'm probably gonna wear out my .38 LCR as I shoot it weekly since it's my daily pocket or 2nd gun.

This might well be a viable option to set up as a .38 spl Press.

Just gotta work my fixed income retired old man budget just right...
    OR, get a second tool head for that 550, a second powder measure, and you're in a two-pin, one screw caliber change situation. That's where I ended up - takes me less than 15 minutes to swap calibers and run a test round to make sure no gremlins screwed with my dies between sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    OR, get a second tool head for that 550, a second powder measure, and you're in a two-pin, one screw caliber change situation. That's where I ended up - takes me less than 15 minutes to swap calibers and run a test round to make sure no gremlins screwed with my dies between sessions.
    You are 100% correct. I had the toolhead and powder measure setup when I used to shoot 45 acp a lot.

So you are being logical... I'm just trying to justify purchasing a new machine LOL

I do love that about a Dillon though. That's probably the route I'll go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    You are 100% correct. I had the toolhead and powder measure setup when I used to shoot 45 acp a lot.
    Remember you will not need to fart around with the primer feed.

This alignment post looks like a cool feature, something I appreciate on the RL1100. Probably a bit of mental gymnastics to keep telling myself it was money well spent, but nice knowing things are dead on when you crank the handle.

ETA the damn picture:

Name:  Screenshot_20221222-092201_Chrome.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  48.5 KB

Nice press

I've had the Pro 6000 for a few months now, actually got one of the pre-wide release 'blems', but it's purely consmetic. It's my first progressive press, but it's been simple to set up and fairly reliable to operate. The only issue has been from my own error, only loaded a few primers to test things out, then not realizing when I was out. The resulting powder spill went all over, including in the priming mechanism which is nearly impossible to clean sufficiently. After multiple vaccumings it's working again, but the primer system not feeding the last ~10 primers remains. It's loading nice 9mm and 223 though, and I'll load 10mm once I get a pistol. Name:  PXL_20220923_164549757.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  38.2 KB

The quick change bushings are really nice. The shell plate probably takes me 5 min to change out. The alignment post works well, and for me it's a great warning when zive short stroked. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List