Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Precision Introduces New Press

Lee Precision Introduces New Press

https://leeprecision.com/SIX-PACK-RELOADING-PRESS.html

This has actually been out for a couple weeks but I haven't seen much traffic on it. Just posting here in case anyone is in the market for a progressive but may not have the budget for a Dillon, Hornady, etc.

Some pricing and availability info:

https://www.titanreloading.com/produ.../lee-pro-6000/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I've got about 15K cleaned once fired 9mm brass cases, and about another 15K waiting to be cleaned. I'm slowly getting small pistol primers when they become available, and I'm hoping Santa (aka my wife) will get me a press, that I pick out, this Christmas.

The optimist/cheapskate part of me wants to believe this will work well, and with it I could some day add a mini Mr Bullet feeder, and crank out 600-700 rounds an hour. All for less than the cost of just a 550C machine, without the dies or the mini case feeder.

The pragmatist part of me says the Lee track record with progressives, especially their priming system, says I will stick with the plan to get a Square Deal B, and reliably load 300-400 rounds an hour, OR splurge on a Lock-N- Load, with plans to add a mini Mr Bullet Feeder later, to up the loading rate.

I'm heavily leaning toward the SDB, as DAA claims they have them in stock, in 9mm. However, Brownells has the Lock-N-Load on sale for $480 right now, and that is tempting me.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I've got about 15K cleaned once fired 9mm brass cases, and about another 15K waiting to be cleaned. I'm slowly getting small pistol primers when they become available, and I'm hoping Santa (aka my wife) will get me a press, that I pick out, this Christmas.

The optimist/cheapskate part of me wants to believe this will work well, and with it I could some day add a mini Mr Bullet feeder, and crank out 600-700 rounds an hour. All for less than the cost of just a 550C machine, without the dies or the mini case feeder.

The pragmatist part of me says the Lee track record with progressives, especially their priming system, says I will stick with the plan to get a Square Deal B, and reliably load 300-400 rounds an hour, OR splurge on a Lock-N- Load, with plans to add a mini Mr Bullet Feeder later, to up the loading rate.

I'm heavily leaning toward the SDB, as DAA claims they have them in stock, in 9mm. However, Brownells has the Lock-N-Load on sale for $480 right now, and that is tempting me.
    Having used a SD pre-B, I'd skip it and get something else. Oddball dies and no real ability to load anything else are pretty much what kills that press. Speaking of primer systems; that was the biggest problem with the Square Deal, in my experience.

Regarding Lee. They have a 90 day refund policy as do many of Lee's dealers. If you buy from Titan you'd be able to return the press for a refund or an exchange for a Dillon or Hornady product if you didn't like the Lee.

I read one thread to the effect that you need a 3D printer to make parts to finish what Lee sends.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I read one thread to the effect that you need a 3D printer to make parts to finish what Lee sends.
    That seems to be mentioned in the video linked above. Or maybe the guy's follow-on video. There is some kind of primer piece that wasn't included with the first shipments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Here's his follow up showing it in action. I might need to look into one of these.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I might need to look into one of these.
    Glad to see Lee seems to be stepping up their game. The Pro 1000 is a solid little press for the money but is limited nowadays with only 3 die stations. And its limited stroke. IIRC it won't index with anything longer than 7.62x39 or .223 Rem. No .308, 6.5 Creedmoor, etc. The Load Master was a move in the right direction but is also a bit dated. Plus I don't think anyone likes the Load master priming system. The Pro 4000 or whatever that thing is called seemed to be a move to modernize but then had the primer system of the turret press. A progressive press with a manual primer system? Oops.

So, yeah, a fairly inexpensive progressive press with 6 stations, a case feeder and an auto feed primer system is pretty innovative. Not just for Lee but really across the industry. The RL750 and H LNL are still 5 stations.

I think I've got a 1000 waiting to be set up that I bought several years ago for "when I have the time". The 6000 is pricier than I was expecting but then again I haven't looked at presses in quite a while. It's still extremely tempting.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List