Thread: Gen 5 Glock 19 threaded bbl - for suppressor/comp dual use

Gen 5 Glock 19 threaded bbl - for suppressor/comp dual use

My stamp has come in and I want to pick up a threaded barrel for a Glock 19.5. I would like the barrel to be dual purpose for suppressor and a potential comp (brand TBD) use.
    Would Glock OEM work? Any other suggestions? Anything specific to be on the lookout for?
    Any issues with going between a comp and suppressor?

I have a SilencerCo threaded barrel that I have used in a few different Glock 19s of different generations, and a G19X slide, and I know of a few other SilencerCo barrels used in other Glock 19s within my immediate orbit. They have always worked as expected in those guns. It's been used with a few different suppressors, as well as a AIM Surplus compensator. I also know of a Grey Ghost Precision threaded barrel used in a friend's Glock 19 and G19X.

I like the SilencerCo barrels. For the price of them, they have always fit well in different guns, and the finish has held up very well.
    I remember reading on the internet that they are SilencerCo branded, but produced by KKM (If I remember correctly), although I am not sure of that claim.

I believe the Parker Mountain comps are designed to work with Silencerco Bbl thread dimensions.

I’ll say that unless you just get something like one of the “thread protector” style micro comps, installing and uninstalling a comp is a PITA exercise. Realigning, timing, shimming and keeping it tight enough to not work loose are all not as easy as just screwing a suppressor on and off.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I’ll say that unless you just get something like one of the “thread protector” style micro comps, installing and uninstalling a comp is a PITA exercise. Realigning, timing, shimming and keeping it tight enough to not work loose are all not as easy as just screwing a suppressor on and off.
    I definitely agree with that.

Agree with LOKNLOD: once you install a comp and zero it you’re not going to want to take it off and put the suppressor on there very often. If you can afford it, I’d start with a threaded barrel to screw your can imo to, and then get a dedicated complete slide (or gun) to run the comp.

I’ve been happy with PMM’s JTTC dual port barrel combo.

User Tag List