Thread: Aftermarket scales and clip

Aftermarket scales and clip

I have a Spyderco Delica with the Emerson Wave feature and I would like to upgrade the scales and pocket clip. The old clip pulled out of the handle while wrestling with my sons. Who makes good scales and where do you get them? Thanks in advance.

Depends on the Delica model. If it's a FRN model you can't replace the scales. Otherwise Flytanium is the only choice I know of (could be others).

Well that sucks, looks like I have a FRN. Thanks.

Depending on how old the knife is, you may be able to replace the FRN scales (Delica 4's have scales available aftermarket)... problem is, most of the scales available are as expensive as a knife (or nearly so). Spyderco may be able to replace the scales, or the liners if the clip screw holes are stripped out... That might be worth checking into.

Pics of knife?

ETA: noticed you said waved... that should be a Delica 4 model... and there are scales available. New scales won't help stripped screw holes in the liner though, and that is what the clip screws to.
    Last edited by WDR; 11-09-2022 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Depending on how old the knife is, you may be able to replace the FRN scales (Delica 4's have scales available aftermarket)... problem is, most of the scales available are as expensive as a knife (or nearly so). Spyderco may be able to replace the scales, or the liners if the clip screw holes are stripped out... That might be worth checking into.

Pics of knife?

ETA: noticed you said waved... that should be a Delica 4 model... and there are scales available. New scales won't help stripped screw holes in the liner though, and that is what the clip screws to.
    Thanks! It looks like the liner is stripped. I'll send it back to Spyderco and get that repaired and maybe shop for new scales when it gets back.

LynchNW.com

Not long ago they were selling delica 4s with their own titanium scales that have a choil similar to the PM2. I would have bought one but it was a limited run and I missed out.

The owner told me they may produce the scales separately and they MAY come out this month. I actually just bought a used delica just to match up with the scales.

User Tag List