View Poll Results: Are you uneasy about carrying a P320 due to the unintentional discharge issue?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: I'm not confident in the P320's safety record

157 85.33%
  • No: I believe the gun is mechanically sound.

27 14.67%
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: P320 Unintentional Discharge Issues

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Certified Sig p320 armorer for a while now.

No way I will carry the one I own nor any other 320.

P365? Yep, carry at least one daily. Certified on 365s as well.

Regards.
    Could you expand on why you would not carry a p320? I’m curious from an armorer’s perspective. I’ve done my own research but most of the opinions out there are from people who don’t intimately understand the platform. I assume you’re talking about not wanting to carry a post 2020 version?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I understand there are pre-existing threads discussing the issue and the purpose of this thread is not to rehash that same conversation.

Looking for numbers on the P-F membership, hence the poll.
    Until recently I wouldn’t have carried one. But these helped me feel more comfortable. I’m still not 100% comfortable as say a Glock but it seems to me the newer ones are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Could you expand on why you would not carry a p320? I’m curious from an armorer’s perspective. I’ve done my own research but most of the opinions out there are from people who don’t intimately understand the platform. I assume you’re talking about not wanting to carry a post 2020 version?
    Absolutely.

I have a plethora of pistols to choose from. Typically, I carry a 365X or a Glock 45….sometimes a G43X.

I’ve also had a shooter (SF and very competent shooter) have an uncommanded discharge with his P320 that had serious assembly issues and was factory fresh. I got to experience checking his lower extremities for wounds with another shooter ready to hand me trauma gear.

Another competent shooter had an out of battery detonation with his P320 which blew the extractor into orbit and split the grip module.

So….nope. Range toy only.

Regards.

Usually, bold red text that says someone isn't interested in rehashing other conversations shouldn't be quoted and taken as an invitation to rehash those other conversations.

But, cool, I guess.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Until recently I wouldn’t have carried one. But these helped me feel more comfortable. I’m still not 100% comfortable as say a Glock but it seems to me the newer ones are safe.

When a slide is attached there is only a fraction of contact to the sear. Those videos show the striker assembly impossibly close to the FCU.

Site Supporter
    Usually, bold red text that says someone isn't interested in rehashing other conversations shouldn't be quoted and taken as an invitation to rehash those other conversations.

But, cool, I guess.
    Sorry, I was going off the initial posting which seemed to invite reasoning.

But, cool, I guess.
    I think we're a sophisticated enough audience to provide explanations without reinventing the wheel to flesh out what appears to be a legitimate discussion, but with (in my opinion) were insufficient voting options on the poll provided, given the changes that have occurred to the P320 over fairly discernable timeframes throughout its production-which can (and, again in my opinion) should impact on your vote.

P-f historically hasn't been a fanboi type site, and intelligent and cogent discussions have been welcome to fully develop thread discussions.

Rant off!

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Absolutely.

I have a plethora of pistols to choose from. Typically, I carry a 365X or a Glock 45….sometimes a G43X.

I’ve also had a shooter (SF and very competent shooter) have an uncommanded discharge with his P320 that had serious assembly issues and was factory fresh. I got to experience checking his lower extremities for wounds with another shooter ready to hand me trauma gear.

Another competent shooter had an out of battery detonation with his P320 which blew the extractor into orbit and split the grip module.

So….nope. Range toy only.

Regards.
    Larry, we may have discussed it before, but were you able to ascertain the manufacture dates on the pistols involved?

Best, Jon

Personally, I think all striker-fired pistols are the devil's spawn. 😁 However, I shoot with half a dozen cops (cops who are shooters) and 4 of the 6 shoot one variation or other of the 320. So I voted "no" in your survey. I do stand off to their left when its their turn to shoot, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I think we're a sophisticated enough audience to provide explanations without reinventing the wheel to flesh out what appears to be a legitimate discussion, but with (in my opinion) were insufficient voting options on the poll provided, given the changes that have occurred to the P320 over fairly discernable timeframes throughout its production-which can (and, again in my opinion) should impact on your vote.

P-f historically hasn't been a fanboi type site, and intelligent and cogent discussions have been welcome to fully develop thread discussions.

Rant off!

Best, Jon
    It's a simple question, there's no need to overthink it. Either you're okay to carry a P320 (in whatever manner of carry or configuration you prefer, I don't care), or you're skeeved out by the possibility of it discharging without your doing so. We can apply countless conditions and caveats to virtually any pistol ever made, as well...and that's not the point.

We aren't in 2015, so the question obviously isn't asking about an older P320. It also doesn't matter whether it must have a thumb safety, a SIG Rainbow TiNitride slide, been blessed with holy water in the Church of John Moses Browning, or any number of other features or combinations.

It's really not that difficult.

If the binary survey bothers you so much, you're eligible for a full refund.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List