View Poll Results: Are you uneasy about carrying a P320 due to the unintentional discharge issue?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: I'm not confident in the P320's safety record

157 85.33%
  • No: I believe the gun is mechanically sound.

27 14.67%
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: P320 Unintentional Discharge Issues

The 250 is a modern tragedy. Terrible gamer gun and exactly what the general public needed for actual carry. My early production 250 worked fine once sig replaced the extractor. Supposedly the unmarked "2nd gen" guns were good to go out of the box. At the time the local shop had a ton of them, used. And cheap. Mother-of-pearl before swine, I guess.

I have a couple LEM P2000s with the blue hammer spring and light FPB spring with whatever trigger spring the V2 comes with. That seems as close as anything in current production can get to being a high-capacity K-frame like the Beretta 92Ds and the 250s were.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    It was a joke.

Though I would prefer a P250 style gun. A P250 with HK QC/parts quality. Why live in reality?
    That’s called an LEM.

So many P320 threads not sure where to post this. If somebody wants to post it somewhere else feel free.

Troubled 'P320' linked to 6 unintended shootings in Wisconsin

https://www.wisn.com/article/trouble...onsin/42194667
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    So many P320 threads not sure where to post this. If somebody wants to post it somewhere else feel free.

Troubled 'P320' linked to 6 unintended shootings in Wisconsin

https://www.wisn.com/article/trouble...onsin/42194667
    This article is just a regurgitation of the recent lawsuit and previously reported incidents in WI.

Has anyone come up with a legitimate theory on the P320 NDs? The upgrade added a second hook to the striker and there is a firing pin block system in place. I've been as big of a critic of Sig as anyone but I don't see how you overcome those obstacles to an ND without trigger actuation.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Has anyone come up with a legitimate theory on the P320 NDs? The upgrade added a second hook to the striker and there is a firing pin block system in place. I've been as big of a critic of Sig as anyone but I don't see how you overcome those obstacles to an ND without trigger actuation.
    TLDR:

Most involve triggers being pulled, whether unintentionally buy the shoes, finger or by foreign objects.

A few involve the original pre-upgrade, design, guns, or guns that went through the upgrade and were not upgraded properly. Most of these involved some type of impact.

Some involved aftermarket trigger and internal parts or modifications. It’s my understanding that the gun in the recently released video from 2019 that went off when re- holstered at a match was not in stock configuration and had aftermarket trigger parts installed. We all know that there are aftermarket trigger kits for the Glock that disable the internal safeties, and make a Glock.no longer drop safe. So it shouldn’t be a surprise that some aftermarket trigger kits for the 320 could have similar issues. I’m not going to say which company’s parts were involved but the only aftermarket trigger parts. I would trust in a 320 would be Gray Guns or Apex.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    The 250 is a modern tragedy. Terrible gamer gun and exactly what the general public needed for actual carry. My early production 250 worked fine once sig replaced the extractor. Supposedly the unmarked "2nd gen" guns were good to go out of the box. At the time the local shop had a ton of them, used. And cheap. Mother-of-pearl before swine, I guess.

I have a couple LEM P2000s with the blue hammer spring and light FPB spring with whatever trigger spring the V2 comes with. That seems as close as anything in current production can get to being a high-capacity K-frame like the Beretta 92Ds and the 250s were.
    Outside of the general shooting public hating double action autos causing a terminal marketing headwind, the biggest problem with the P250 is that the design of the lockwork transmits force back through the trigger as the slide overrides the hammer…what we call “trigger slap”.

It’s not noticeable in the .22LR. In the .380 it’s not really disqualifying. I’ve shot 200+ rounds in a session with the .380 Compact.

With the 9mm Compact, it’s noticeable enough to be annoying. I’m usually done after a hundred rounds or so.

With .357SIG, even with the full-size slide assembly, the pad of my trigger finger is visibly inflamed after fifty rounds of ammo. My trigger finger is too sore at that point to pick up a pen for the rest of the day.

EDIT: To this day, I think the P250 Compact in .380 is the best “non-gun-people gun” or “grandma gun” in the last thirty years. It’s super easy to cycle the slide, it has a fifteen round magazine, recoil is mild, and the trigger pull is long enough to mitigate unintentional discharges from “woobie checking” or bad trigger finger discipline but light enough to not make it hard to get reasonable accuracy.

Sig dropped the ball marketing the gun because “a gun for girls, novices, the infirm, and old people” is seen as the kiss of death when everyone wants to be an operator.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    With the 9mm Compact, it’s noticeable enough to be annoying. I’m usually done after a hundred rounds or so.
    I don't remember getting trigger slap but then I only shot it in a couple of IDPA matches before selling it. Maybe it's less noticeable when there's 30-45 minutes of milling around, pasting and BSing between bouts of shooting it ~18 whole rounds at a time.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    For what it's worth I'm currently in the School Guardian Academy for my new job. During this first week in 4 days of live fire we have fired 3000 rounds per day thru 7 Sig P320 pistols. That's a total of 12000 rounds. Now 7 Pistols is far from a large sampling of pistols, but other than about 10 ammo related Failure to Fire issues, there have been no problems. We have 5 weeks to go. I'll give an update at the end of the training.
    The live fire training is done. 11 days of live fire with 6 pistols (1 student failed at the end of qualification). We shot 30,000 rounds with no issues with the pistols. The only issues were ammo related failures to fire. My issue pistol is a May 2018 build, and has been upgraded. While not a large sample, for what it's worth I'm confident in the gun.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

@lw16, JoninWA, HCM,

What is your current take on the post May 2019 320, and post May 2019 M17 & M18? Good to go, or still problematic? If still problematic, what are the issues as you see them?

Thanks.

Rob

User Tag List