View Poll Results: Are you uneasy about carrying a P320 due to the unintentional discharge issue?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: I'm not confident in the P320's safety record

157 85.33%
  • No: I believe the gun is mechanically sound.

27 14.67%
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: P320 Unintentional Discharge Issues

Site Supporter
    For me the slightly thinner guns really work better then the standard thickness guns. I may really like a P2000 with a RDO but it's hard to want to spend that much money and effort to get one and get it milled when I know thinner is better for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post

A perfect AIWB gun for me would be a LEM with a thumb safety. I’m not saying it’s the most logical or practical shooting option, but it would give me that comfort level I really want out of a gun carried that way.

Site Supporter
    We need to start a campaign.

“Make the P320 a P250 again.”

So the question I am left with is am I a fool for getting an M18 brand new at this point? I can't seem to tell if there's truly any 100% certain cases of discharge without pulling a trigger on these guns which are not pre-upgrade.

Just scrap the stupid innards and make a bigger P 365!

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    So the question I am left with is am I a fool for getting an M18 brand new at this point? I can't seem to tell if there's truly any 100% certain cases of discharge without pulling a trigger on these guns which are not pre-upgrade.
    I’d say you are safe.

My opinion is worth what you paid for it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    No, not at all. A post June 2019 320 with a thumb safety is the best possible 320 option with regard to safety.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    We need to start a campaign.

“Make the P320 a P250 again.”
    No.

Many of the negatives of the 320 are the result of adapting the P250 to a striker fired gun instead of starting from a clean piece of paper. No reason to compound the error.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No.

Many of the negatives of the 320 are the result of adapting the P250 to a striker fired gun instead of starting from a clean piece of paper. No reason to compound the error.

It was a joke.

Though I would prefer a P250 style gun. A P250 with HK QC/parts quality. Why live in reality?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No, not at all. A post June 2019 320 with a thumb safety is the best possible 320 option with regard to safety.
    If I'm not mistaken, I don't think I've ever heard of a single manual safety P320 / M17 / M18 that's discharged with the safety engaged? I've read through dozens of pages of the other thread and also looked at some of the known court cases, and I can't recall a single MS variant being mentioned.

More and more it seems that there's likely no real AD issue with a post June 2019 P320, other than the reduced margin of error of the trigger due to the overall design. The MS variant, properly used and with the safety engaged in a proper holster would seem to practically eliminate that low margin of error.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    It was a joke.

Though I would prefer a P250 style gun. A P250 with HK QC/parts quality. Why live in reality?
    Man, if only I had infinite access to a CNC and actually knew how to use CAD software. I'd spend a bunch of free time figuring out how to invent an LEM-style 2-piece hammer for the P250. That would be rad.

User Tag List