View Poll Results: Are you uneasy about carrying a P320 due to the unintentional discharge issue?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: I'm not confident in the P320's safety record

157 85.33%
  • No: I believe the gun is mechanically sound.

27 14.67%
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: P320 Unintentional Discharge Issues

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    Funny how these problems only seem to happen with cops…
    Name:  3D82DBAC-6E90-4D67-9426-3D42180167CF.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  21.3 KB

Banned

Poll: P320 Unintentional Discharge Issues

Mod here. Strike 2. Care to swing again?
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-16-2022 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I was at a fairly advanced NODS (night vision) carbine/pistol class last weekend. It was 15F and snowy, so in addition to full kit, I had a parka and heavier gloves. Holstering my handgun in full darkness required extra attention. I was very happy to be running a P-07, because I could verify it was decocked and thumb the hammer all the way into the holster. Often there was a lot going on when holstering was required (e.g. during a malfunction/transition/remediation drill). A strap, glove, or something could get in the trigger guard with no easy way to tell (no vision, weak tactile feedback). A SFA with no safety or gadget seems objectively less safe under those conditions
    Great point! Environmental variables are almost never talked about but exist in the real world.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by krav51 View Post
    Great point! Environmental variables are almost never talked about but exist in the real world.
    No joke, a few years ago, I had just traded my friend my Beretta 92 for a Glock. This was before I knew about the SCD, and with my schedule at the time almost all my range trips in the winter were in the dark between 6 and 9 pm. After my first range trip reholstering the hot Glock in the pitch black, trying to use a handheld flashlight to clear the holster, I traded him back hahaha

For several years, I would grow tired of sticking with the LEM. Then winter would roll around. Heavy jacket, gloves, loss of dexterity, the ability to see my trigger press, and block the hammer have kept me on the same gun.

I've heard the P320 described as the Serpa of pistols. They work great if everything is done properly.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    For several years, I would grow tired of sticking with the LEM. Then winter would roll around. Heavy jacket, gloves, loss of dexterity, the ability to see my trigger press, and block the hammer have kept me on the same gun.

I've heard the P320 described as the Serpa of pistols. They work great if everything is done properly.
    Yeah, and the analogy is really good if you are activating your WML SHO with your gloved index finger.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I was at a fairly advanced NODS (night vision) carbine/pistol class last weekend. It was 15F and snowy, so in addition to full kit, I had a parka and heavier gloves. Holstering my handgun in full darkness required extra attention. I was very happy to be running a P-07, because I could verify it was decocked and thumb the hammer all the way into the holster. Often there was a lot going on when holstering was required (e.g. during a malfunction/transition/remediation drill). A strap, glove, or something could get in the trigger guard with no easy way to tell (no vision, weak tactile feedback). A SFA with no safety or gadget seems objectively less safe under those conditions
    Excellent points, I think a lot of people lose sight of administrative gun handling in these type of conditions were it is not a perfect and sunny day on the range.

Similarly, IDPA or like matches, especially those shot in cold or inclement weather can be a good litmus test for accessing draw, use and reholstering.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Somewhat related, with the launch of the SIG Macro, and the coming SIG Macro Longslide, I wonder what the rationale will be to pursue the P320?

With the 365 Macro series you'll have better modularity, identical magazine capacity and ballistics, a slimmer and lighter handgun, and no history of accidental discharge.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Somewhat related, with the launch of the SIG Macro, and the coming SIG Macro Longslide, I wonder what the rationale will be to pursue the P320?

With the 365 Macro series you'll have better modularity, identical magazine capacity and ballistics, a slimmer and lighter handgun, and no history of accidental discharge.

That can’t possibly be SIG’s answer to the P320 discharge issues! I’m sure the P320 is just fine and the P365 Macro Longslide TotallynotaP320replacementforthecivilianmarketsowe canavoidbeingsuedintooblivion really and truly is meant for concealed carry on larger people that can get away with a longer grip and longer barrel. They totally won’t try to push such a platform into LE or Competition in the next 5 years to normalize it either so that they quietly remove the P320 from their lineup and still just maintain the M17/M18 for contracts…

User Tag List