Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NIB SIG P229 Legion Frame Scratch

NIB SIG P229 Legion Frame Scratch

I just bought a NIB Black LE model SIG P229 Legion from a bender on Gunbroker. Usually, I only buy from LGS where I can thoroughly inspect a pistol before buying. However, I ordered this pistol off Gunbroker because it’s the hard to find Legion P229 Black finish with Nitron slide instead of the usual Grey/Green Legions. Usually this version is discounted and sold only to First Responders.

I looked the gun over and everything appears to be good. Nice smooth trigger, good slide to frame fit, everything is machined correctly. However, I just noticed there’s a scratch under the left rail in the anodizing down to bare aluminum.

I realize this won’t affect function and since it’s not on the rail itself it’s not a durability issue. Furthermore, this won’t be a safe queen. This will be a gun I use and carry so there are sure to be more wear and scratches in its future.

However, I can’t help but feel annoyed. It’s like buying a car and having door dings already in it. Even though you know it will eventually happen.

I don’t see/feel any burrs on the slide rails. I believe this to be a manufacturing blemish.

I called SIG and sent them pics and received an email back today stating the gunsmiths advise this is normal. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth on a $1,300 pistol. Thoughts?

hispanic mens names

Black sharpie and fuggeddaboutit

Have you checked the slide for burrs? I’ve heard that it can be an issue occasionally with P-series guns that can gouge up the frame rails like that.

You may want to reach out to SIG CS again. In my experience they are either incredibly helpful or less than worthless with no in-between, and sometimes it depends on who answers the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    Have you checked the slide for burrs? I’ve heard that it can be an issue occasionally with P-series guns that can gouge up the frame rails like that.

You may want to reach out to SIG CS again. In my experience they are either incredibly helpful or less than worthless with no in-between, and sometimes it depends on who answers the phone.
    I can’t see/feel any burrs on the slide.

Run a cotton ball down the slide rails and see what happens.

I was looking at a 220 something at a gun store one time and they did not want me to run the slide back-and-forth as it might wear the anodizing off and then people assume it’s used or handled too much

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I was looking at a 220 something at a gun store one time and they did not want me to run the slide back-and-forth as it might wear the anodizing off and then people assume it’s used or handled too much
    Whiskey tango foxtrot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Black sharpie and fuggeddaboutit
    Maybe a black pencil for the lubrication properties?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I get the annoyance based on the price of the pistol, but.... why give a damn? The frame is Al so its not gonna rust, and if theres no burrs i cant see how it would effect function.

Don't worry about it. The Legion finish well be worn off by next Tuesday regardless.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List