Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DB Force Option Pocket Holster from Wilderness Tactical

DB Force Option Pocket Holster from Wilderness Tactical

Looks solid.

I’ve been waiting for this for a minute, since DB teased it. I need a sample of Rob Leahy’s version as well.

As an aside, DB’s FB also features some very nice words about @jetfire.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

"It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    The shape of the bottom is different, so the choice might be determined by the shape of the bottom of the intended pocket. My pants have rounded front pocket bottoms, so the synthetic would be likely to print less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

After talking with Rob, Darryl and Sam at the the Revolver Roundup, they have slightly different applications. I bought all four of them.

The leather model from Simply Rugged is designed to ride in a front pants or jeans pocket. The flat or rounded bottom edge is designed to accommodate different tailoring. Some pockets have a flat bottom inside seam, others are curved.

The nylon rig from Sam at The Wilderness is wider, and makes the pocket protrude out more. It's designed for a jacket or parka pocket. Or, if you wear Duluth/Carhartt jeans or shorts, then the nylon rig may be more appropriate for a side cargo pocket.

I'll try and post some comparison pics if I can find the time this weekend, or ask Darryl if he's planning on doing a FaceGram post.

The leather version is fairly wide, so it will absolutley not work well for jeans of any reasonably modern cut. I won't be getting my hands on the Wilderness version until next week (there was one reserved for me at the Round Up, but Sam was selling so many so fast, I let her sell mine since my academy is less than 25 minutes from Wilderness), but from waht I got to handle at RRU, it should do better in jeans. I will find out for sure in before Xmas.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

I bought 2 of these. My concealment needs are a changin since my days pretty much consist of going between the house and the shop and back, that's like a 27' commute. The pocket snubbie is becoming more n more alluring. Just need to get to a HiTS Snubby Class ....when they have one!

Plus thewilderness.com are awesome people!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    After talking with Rob, Darryl and Sam at the the Revolver Roundup, they have slightly different applications. I bought all four of them.

The leather model from Simply Rugged is designed to ride in a front pants or jeans pocket. The flat or rounded bottom edge is designed to accommodate different tailoring. Some pockets have a flat bottom inside seam, others are curved.

The nylon rig from Sam at The Wilderness is wider, and makes the pocket protrude out more. It's designed for a jacket or parka pocket. Or, if you wear Duluth/Carhartt jeans or shorts, then the nylon rig may be more appropriate for a side cargo pocket.

I'll try and post some comparison pics if I can find the time this weekend, or ask Darryl if he's planning on doing a FaceGram post.
    Glad you posted this because the that information is not listed in the description.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

LCR in a well-worn Mika round-bottom holster.

Same LCR in a brand new DB Force Option from The Wilderness.

Pants are the non-stretch normal firehose from Duluth.

The Wilderness holster looks good, they make great products. Anyone ordering up a Simply Rugged for an auto loader? I'd like to see one for a G43, looks like it would work in cargo pants and uniform type cargo pant pockets. Curious to see how molded it would look/fit. My only concern for the Simply Rugged was the bottom corner wearing a hole in certain pants over carry time, like 5.11 Stryke, First Tactical or uniform pants, just an observation. I'm also thinking this may be good to carry in the Spiritus Systems Fanny Sack for gym carry rather than a RCS VG2. Gun is covered, trigger guard is covered and can go from Fanny Sack to pocket if needed in a pinch.

Guns I've shoved in my Wilderness variant which fit well. Not "well enough" but actually fit:

- Any 1 7/8" J-frame from a Steel 36 with bobbed hammer to a 351PD with intact hammer.

- S&W BG38 "Bodyguard" with laser

- Ruger LCR with 2" tube

- Taurus 856 with 2" barrel

- Charter Arms 40 S&W Pitbull, may God have mercy on my soul. This one has a muzzle about flush with the seam at the bottom but fits as well as an LCR; better around the trigger guard, actually.

User Tag List