Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "We the People" Holsters: Yea / Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Without getting into the difference between kydex and leather... We could start a thread in the gallery titled "show me your old holsters" and a lot of people could post pics of stuff they have that survived years if not a decade or more of daily use and is still usable today. That's not a big ask, even for holsters that get regular use.
    It’s funny but I was just thinking of leather holsters as consumables like boots.

There was a semi-famous Glock leg in a worn leather holster where the leather had gotten so soft and floppy that it knuckled in and grabbed the trigger when he sat down in his car chair.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    It’s funny but I was just thinking of leather holsters as consumables like boots.

There was a semi-famous Glock leg in a worn leather holster where the leather had gotten so soft and floppy that it knuckled in and grabbed the trigger when he sat down in his car chair.
    Yikes. Neatsfoot oil on the holster, I wonder? I've got a 90s vintage Bianchi 7L that got about a decade of wear before I went to kydex that's still right as rain.

I think that begs the question of whether a holster is a durable good or a consumable.

Thay are both. When custom producers have lead times that measure out in months*, we need decent, not to expensive off the shelf holsters to fill the gap, these become the consumables.

* The odd bird in this mix is JMCK with their quick ship option.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Yikes. Neatsfoot oil on the holster, I wonder? I've got a 90s vintage Bianchi 7L that got about a decade of wear before I went to kydex that's still right as rain.
    You don't have to use much neats foot oil, or any, if the holster comes from the maker soft enough.

https://www.itstactical.com/warcom/f...al-discharges/

Did anyone have any issues with the retention dimples being too large and contact the flat trigger on P365XL?

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Did anyone have any issues with the retention dimples being too large and contact the flat trigger on P365XL?
    Yes, I saw that happen 2 weeks ago or so. Scary.

Newly stickied thread on the topic of holsters and triggers:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-you-check-fit
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Meh. They do a lot of social media marketing but I agree with them general consensus here unless one of the really high quality outfits doesn't have the fit you are looking for.

I tend to look at:
    Tier 1 Concealed
    LAS Concealment
    QVO Tactical
    JM Custom Kydex
    ANR Design
    Redhill Tactical

Probably a couple others I've forgotten. I suspect if you made a thread that was "name your top five kydex makers", you'd have ten names account for 75% or more of the responses.

User Tag List