Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "We the People" Holsters: Yea / Nay?

"We the People" Holsters: Yea / Nay?

Specific model sought is for HK LEM pistols (P2000, sk, P30, sk) IWB with the claw added for appendix carry. I already own a JMCK (seems wider) and MasterMind Tactics Lumen, both are showing their age.

WTP seems to be a newer player, curious to hear personal experiences.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
    Specific model sought is for HK LEM pistols (P2000, sk, P30, sk) IWB with the claw added for appendix carry. I already own a JMCK (seems wider) and MasterMind Tactics Lumen, both are showing their age.

Thanks.
    They are inexpensive and simple. I have not had any issue with ones I have purchased from them.

I personally am not much of a holster snob as I tend to make small modifications to any holster I buy anyway.

They don’t seem to offer DCC clips, or even sell them, so that’s an immediate “no”.

Although in the past few years if it isn’t from DSG, PHLster, JMCK, or Tenicor, then I don’t really pay attention to the “new thing”.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post

Thanks.
    Their marketing reminds of the low-tier, yet expensive holsters that pop-up regularly on Facebook. The ones I’ve seen were nothing to write home about. They use the POS clips that plague most holsters of that genre, have excess material, and there’s nothing innovative about them.

Personal opinion, with having never owned one, is I’d look elsewhere. I may be dead wrong, but I don’t plan on spending money to find out.

Double tap.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    They are inexpensive and simple. I have not had any issue with ones I have purchased from them.
    I don’t have one myself, but they seem to be quite en vogue with the crew at my weekly fun shoot. So far, the multiple units I’ve seen tucked into pants work as advertised. FWIW.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

They're not really new, I've been seeing their ads for years. Meme-tier, sub-par designs with cheap hardware. There are so many better options out there. I'm not aware of any serious industry people affiliated with them or who run their gear.
    - The Tacticallopath

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I don’t have one myself, but they seem to be quite en vogue with the crew at my weekly fun shoot. So far, the multiple units I’ve seen tucked into pants work as advertised. FWIW.
    I have to admit I don’t really understand what makes one kydex holster much better than another.

Replacing hardware is pretty cheap and it’s one Philips head and Chicago screw away from swapping it.

WTP makes really inexpensive stuff so for goofing around with guns I play with rather than carry, they’re fine for me.

I have a pile of hardware that I mix and match anyway.

I like to customize cant and angle, but I have a heat gun and drill. Even expensive $140 holsters, I usually still tweak.

So I don’t get it personally.

Kydex thickness is a thing. But barring that, design doesn’t really seem to matter much else.

Literally I have over 100 holsters from the cheapest of the cheap to the most spendy and I still don’t really get it.

JCN nailed it. They're ordinary, not special.

Have one, IWB, got it as a cheap slap-on for a nightstand pistol w/ wml. Gets carried around the house some too, sometimes.

I did some modifying to it with heat and knife...rounded sharp corners, trimmed for better grip acquisition, etc. It's adequate, but wholly unimpressive, and I wouldn't use it for dedicated carry out and about.

They don't offer anything that great that I'd consider for serious daily carry. Their "claw" looks flimsy as hell.

My opinion, based on what I have on hand, is that other makers like JMCK and even Blade Tech are better designed and higher quality. As an example, JMCK's rounding of bottom and side corners, so conducive to comfort, whereas WTP is sharp, stark "we ended the plastic right here" corners and ends. Fixable with a heat gun, IF there's enough material there to begin with.

So I'd say mediocre. For IWB, or as a slap-on trigger guard, decent, but for comfortable AIWB, or solid OWB, I'd look elsewhere.

Nay. They've reached out about becoming a paid sponsor and I won't use their stuff, so I've said no a few times. Tenicor, Dark Star Gear, JM Custom, and Mastermind are all sponsors here and I have bought quality holsters from all of them.
    #RESIST

User Tag List